Why do u think this happened?

Jonghyun of shinee (kpop Band) killed himself on dec 18. He suffered from depression but I want to know people’s thoughts and opinions on this.

What do u think is the cause? What is your personal suspicion (indicate your reasoning) for his death?

Why do u think this happened?
Updates:
Be respectful please. People are in mourning.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I’m not familiar with this young man. But I know that depression is a very common and very misunderstood illness. I think that depression can be especially challenging for entertainers. It can be emotionally draining to put on a happy face and perform when you feel horrible on the inside. And celebrities have a difficult time finding healthy ways to relax, since something as simple as going for a walk is likely to draw unwanted attention. This often leads to the use of drugs and alcohol as a means to temporarily escape from reality. Unfortunately drugs and alcohol can create a whole new set of problems which leads to a downward spiral. I don’t know if Jonghyun was involved with drugs or alcohol. But depression does not discriminate against a person’s age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. People from all walks of life are affected.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He was an idol as well and if you research about him (I'm a huge fan so ik lol). That he was suffering and tried seeking help and was just told it's his fault he's sad and was made to be blamed by his doctor. And in Korea idols have horrible lives. They don't show it and it's swept under the rug a lot but idols go through insane abuse. Especially being prostituted to Companies to get them on air and make them popular. I'm not sure if he ever got raped bit I do know he was one who was molested along with many groups including his by some female comedians. That and he went through years of online bullying for standing up for a trans high schooler

• Wow. That is really sad. I hope that this tragedy brings about some changes in the entertainment industry and the way that mental illness is handled by doctors. Hopefully something positive will come from this tragedy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I believe people didn't pay enough attention to what he was really feeling. He may not have said anything to convey his feelings. It's important if a person is going through a hard time that they have someone thats willing to listen. Just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • He suffered from depression and you're asking what's the cause?

You already answered your own question.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea who he is, however I hope he did the most epic 360° no scope in history.

0|0
    0|0
  • These poor guys have terrible fake lives. I realy understand him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depressed people feel hopeless to the point where they feel beyond help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably homophobia

0|0
    2|0
    • He isn’t homo. He dated girls.

What Girls Said 9

• I think in Korea (it's like this in a lot of Asian countries so I assume Korea's the same) mental illness isn't taken all that seriously. People are encouraged to not talk about it and there aren't many treatment options, it's seen as a personal failing if you're talking about or taking medication for mental illness which is super shitty. Just when you think a country can't be worse at treating the mentally ill than the US too.

1|0
    0|0
  • My sister cried a lot for him. I think he suicided himself with carbon monoxide.:'(Rest in peace. Some said he has depression for his love life.:(

1|0
    0|0
  • Korean work schedules are crazy! they have very long working hours. Such a stressful enviroment is terrible for mental health. And korean celebrities are under great pressure all the time, so it's not easy to live a happy life like that.
    He could also have some personal issues that caused him to suffer from depression, but we'll never know.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. please tell me this is a joke. Omg now he didn’t die... I love him! I didn’t know this omg! 😱😱😱😥😥😥

1|0
    0|0
  • He was depressed. People who suffer from a mental illness are not in their right mind leading to irrational thoughts and behaviors.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh no :(

1|0
    0|0
  • I cried

0|0
    0|0
  • Rest in peace

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of him