For the metalheads out there... have you ever been thought of or accused of being a poser?

I've never actually been called a poser, but a lot of times when a fellow metalhead sees me with one of my band shirts on I do get asked if I wear it just because of its look or because I'm into the band. I mean I'm proud to say I'm into the band but when people constantly ask it can get kinda annoying because I don't want to be looked at as some stupid poser, just because some other teens have ruined things by wearing shirts of bands they don't know about at all.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never been called a poser but I'm worried people will think I am. That's why I don't say that I like a band until I know the majority of their music. I won't buy a band tee until I can call myself a fan.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Don't really have much band merch. I think I only have Opeth's shirt and this small deathcore band Ramin Kuntopolku's shirt, but no never been called a poser wearing them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have much merch, but every classic rock fan most likely have at least 1 AC/DC, I have two and an Ozzy shirt. People think I'm a poser until I start spewing classic rock history and then think I'm a nerd. Can't satisfy anyone

1|0
    0|0
    • lol I got more AC/DC shirts than anything as of right now. But my collection of metal merch is growing. There was once where someone on youtube tested my metallica knowledge by asking what band kirk hammett was in before, and who was the original metallica guitarist. passed with flying colors baby!!

• The only collection I have growing seems to be guitars. And that's nothing to brag about because they are all Epiphones. They are fun and reliable but they are at the end of the day cheap Chinese guitars. That being said, I can keep three guitars in three different tunings so I can just swap them out depending on what I feel like playing.

• No. I actually only have two band clothes at the moment.
    Blue Oyster Cult Shirt
    Black Sabbath Hoodie

1|0
    0|0
  • Who gives a shit?

People who think they have to act or dress the part of what "they think" their favorite band does are the posers.

Just cause you like a band doesn't mean you have to emulate them.

You're your own person.

Enjoy your bands music.

Most artists would probably prefer that. The ones that don't are few and far in between.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't dress in band merch only because I love the band. to be honest I feel most comfortable in band and metal stuff in general. I am my own person. I would rather wear all that instead of a bright dress or something.

• I don't wear merch

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't plan to give up my merch just because some lame posers ruined things.. i'd rather wear it to prove there can be at least one teenager that is true to the music instead of just the look

• Show All
    • Order it. Costs like 15 bucks a pop

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes I get tempted to buy band tees of groups I don't listen to so if someone asks if I listen to them, I can just say "nah I just wanted to see how many people would get mad about"

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes