Do you like instrumental music?

I've heard mixed answers so far from people I know. Some say they need vocals/lyrics to be engaged to a song. Some don't. Others say they prefer instrumental music since the vocals "get in the way." Personally, I've been lately getting really into Angel Vivaldi's material.

What about y'all? Do you like instrumental music? Why or why not?
Feel free to post an instrumental song you enjoy!

3|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I like a bit of instrumental, it's good for writing intense scenes in novels and studying for difficult exams, lol. If you like guitar-heavy music, you should try listening to Dan Sugarman.
    Granted, I do prefer music with lyrics, as I draw inspiration from the voices and words, but this kind is my favorite nonvoval channel on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_BJ9AJ7iwIg

0|2
    0|0
    • I actually have heard of Dan Sugerman’s stuff and listen to it haha. Also I like the song you posted!

• I seek for many many years to good music but it does not exists. At least there is no song that I can call good.

0|1
    0|0
    • I’m a bit confused. Are you saying you haven’t ever found a song in general you liked? Or are you just talking about instrumental music?

• I love it... but more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHVh_L_kv1Q

0|1
    0|0
  • i love it, but it's more interesting to listen to it when it's part of the movie

0|1
    0|0
    • So like you need visuals to add to the instrumental? Or like you prefer “soundtrack” music?

• I don't need but it seems nicer when there is some story to the music
      I love the soundtrack of lotr but I would love it so much if there wasn't a story to it

• So yeah, sooundtrack music but if a music is good I don't mind if its not from a soundtrack

• I'm an instrumental and vocal fan. If I want to listen to stuff in the car or to get ready I'm into vocal. But if I want something relaxing to study to to just listen to I usually go for instrumental.

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
    • I never really got into metallica, but I must say— orion still has a super fun bass part to play

• yeah the bass always stood out to me in Orion

• No, I don't. Lyrics and vocals are the most important thing to ne in music. I don't find instrumental music engaging.

0|1
    1|1
  • I love both! Personally I think instrumental is more beautiful and the feeling you get from it is stronger. And vocal just makes me wanna dance or sing along.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I like instrumentals. Some of my faves are instrumentals and I’d say they take up about a quarter of my collection.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think instrumental music is great! I love it. I use this two hour long vocal instrumental one and it’s amazing. But I do listen to regular music too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love instrumental music. Classical music is a pure form of art.

1|1
    0|0
  • I like instrumental but I do need a balance sometimes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like any kinds as long it has a good beat or tempo and keeps me moving

0|1
    0|0
  • i like it but if it's a song i like that originally has vocals i want to hear the vocals.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do
    especially guitar or piano

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I love film scores actually

0|1
    0|0
  • No not really

0|1
    0|0