Do you experience ASMR?

ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. The purpose of ASMR is to relax people. The ASMR community is constantly growing on Youtube. Ideally, ASMR videos are meant to give the viewer a relaxing tingle at the back of their head and/or spine. ASMR videos usually involve one or more of the following things:

• Gentle whispering
• Relaxing hand movements
• Nail tapping/scratching on hard surfaces such as tables
• Brushing sounds

Do you experience ASMR? What’s your opinion on ASMR?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I experience it. It's one of the very few things that can get me to relax when I'm on the edge. Only found out about it a while back

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. ASMR videos make me so mad I can't relax. I hate when people whisper all the time. God I'm already pissed thinking about that.
    Nail tapping makes even more mad. I only like when my own nails tap and that's it.

I'm so mad rn lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Yes! I love it!

ASMR has really helped me to calm down during anxiety attacks (particularly during the worst one that I've had) and, in general really relaxes me.

For me hand movements works like magic for me. Also ear massage (yeah, weird microphones and shit) and whispering are awesome; and tapping to a lesser degree.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've watched a few videos on it on YouTube and it was kind of trippy. I guess the chick Whispering was kind of cool but it didn't really do anything for me as far as any kind of spiritual awareness or meditation or whatever goes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't like it, and it makes me cringe. But I totally get why some people love it, and have recommended it to people who I think might like it

1|0
    0|0
  • I've experienced it but had never heard this term until now. It tickles in the ear very much. I don't know how to explain it with proper words. Sorry😊

1|0
    0|0
    • I experienced it in my school when I was a kid. We had some activity like this☺

• I do not experience ASMR, though I still enjoy some of the videos. They are relaxing and can sometimes help me to sleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • If anything those ASMR things make me extremely nervous and paranoid. The ol' "too quiet" thing I suppose.

1|0
    0|0
  • I should hear some this night almost forgot about it

1|1
    0|0
  • I watch asmr like every night, it's great. I don't always experience it but it helps me relax definitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah sometimes. I like people whispering. by the way you're fucking pretty

1|0
    0|0
  • My brother watches this lol. He watches these erotic style vidoes. If it works its pretty awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • What lol
    People get off the Internet haha
    😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Love Gibi and Frivolousfox

0|1
    0|0
  • nope

0|0