Any musicians in the house?

Are you a musician? Which instruments do you play?
And how did you learn?
I play electric guitar, and paino and a little bit of drums, I learned to play on my own!
Five me your thoughts about ny skills in this video ( by the way I was improvising)
https://youtu.be/i9LGCOhhoOM

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I play guitar, piano, violin, drums, viola and make some songs, I'm more into the guitar and piano. I learned to play so I can handle my depression better.

You sound good. You seem to have the same problem as me though, try lifting your finger more so it sounds more clear.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thnx for the advice 😊
      You seem awesome!
      Do you have any videos performing?

• Show All
    • Followed by the way, you are awesome👍

• Thanks, you too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, nice improv! I’m absolute shite with music theory, but was that a harmonic minor scale you were using?

Also, yep, I’m a musician. Going from most skilled to least, I play drums, electric/acoustic guitar, bass guitar, piano, and I used to play clarinet/bass clarinet. (I still remember “how” to play clarinet like the finger positions, but I’m surely extremely rusty on it). I’m self taught on all of them. Rather, I got basic technique via youtube videos and got better just from lots of practice.

I would say as far as skill level goes, I’m on the cusp of learning some Animals As Leaders material on drums. Been playing for 6ish years. Current ‘serious’ drum goal is “Song of Solomon,” but that solo section is brutal due to the friggin accents at 2:18ish. Fun drum practice/warm up song that I just jam along is Clarity by Protest the Hero.
    https://youtu.be/Yf8VROikD_8

With guitar, I can’t really shred, but I can at least write riffs. Been playing for 5ish years. I still need to add vocals to it and redo the mix/master (sounds thin), but this is one I wrote recently:
    soundcloud.com/rivateccount/tempest/s-qErap

I don’t really have a sample for bass (apart from the song above), but I would say I’m about equal to it on guitar. Basically— I can’t play everything but I can play most pieces. I can do slap bass as well to an extent... just not to the level of your crazy RnB/funk bassist haha

Piano is especially a work-in-progress. It’s my newest instrument and is very different compared to guitar and drums.

0|1
    0|0
    • Dude you are great!!
      I mean you do all if this in a young age! You have a great future ahead of you!
      Aa for that scale, I don't exactly remember it ( improvised) but I was improvising on the rhythm of Lord of the rings ( Stratuovarus).

• Yeah, piano is one of the most difficult instruments to learn

• It is not that hard if you play the guitar!
      I don't have much issues as I thought I would learning paino!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I play harp, piano, viola, flute and Fiddle. Dont forget drums and the bagpipes (the bagpipes broke though )

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow
      That much!
      You are awesome, how did you learn all that?
      And do you have any videos performing?

• Show All
    • Thank you, a lot of practise goes somewhere

• Yeah!
      Good luck 👍

• I learned to play piano in music school when I was a kid. Hated it.
    Now I play almost never, because I don't have a piano where I study.

0|1
    0|0
    • Why did you hate it?
      And would you go back to playing?

• Show All
    • Maybe some day, but I don't really have tima right now.

• Yeah!
      Good luck with it.
      👍👍

• I soon and play flute... A little piano, but not much

0|1
    0|0
  • I can play drums. One day I'm gonna make music.

0|1
    0|0
  • I sing very well. The crows are well known.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice!
      But what do you mean by "The crows are well known"?

• Show All
    • Lol come on @msg812 convencie her please 👍

• Used to play piano
    You 're good👍

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I work on Cubase. Noy a proper instrument but it's still making good music

0|1
    0|0
  • I am , I write songs and play the Guitar as well as the Piano.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice, how did you learn?
      And what do you think about my skills?

• Show All
    • Not yet , but I'll keep you posted.

• Yes please 👍👍

• Drummer and self taught!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes