Which is your favorite horror movie?

I like the exorcist and conjuring universe.. What about you guys? Choose your favorite movie down
  • Which is your favorite horror movie??The Exorcist
    Vote A
  • Which is your favorite horror movie??The Conjuring
    Vote B
  • Which is your favorite horror movie??Insidious
    Vote C
  • Which is your favorite horror movie??Anabelle Creation
    Vote D
  • Which is your favorite horror movie??Lights out
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen all of them except the last two. I liked The Exorcist the most out of all of them. For a start, it is the oldest and best made. I didn't find it scary to watch, just enjoyable.
    The Congoring was good, I enjoyed it and it did scare me a few times. My problem with this one was it just wasn't subtle enough, it was trying way too hard.
    Insidious was ok, but it could have been miles better. I liked the scene with the Tiny Tim song, but that was about it. It felt like it was a film for young teens... I like to look for more mature horror films.

Reasons why I haven't watched the other two, A I feel like the concept of Annabelle has been done already and the original backstory is 1000 times creepier than this ones. I feel like they have probably ruined what could have been a good film so I just didn't bother wasting my time.
    And B, I just haven't gotten round to watching Lights Out, it's one that looks like it's for young teens again and I'm only going to watch it when there is nothing left to watch.

My favourite horror film of all time was Invasion of the body snatchers (1978). It was creepy, had amazing special effects (I love those old puppet things), one of the best casts in any movie ever, stands up against the test of time and the ending is brilliant. <3

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Best actually scary horror movie: Session 9
    Best disturbing horror movie: The Poughkeepsie Tapes
    Best gory horror movie: The Thing
    Best found footage horror movie: Grave Encounters
    Best classic horror movie: The Birds

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• The Grudge (2004) was one of the first horror movies I ever watched, and it freaked me right out. It also kind of desensitized me to the genre, so much so that I haven't been truly scared from a movie since then.

In terms of modern horror flicks, I thought The Conjuring did pretty well. Stephen King's It (2017) was decent as well, but then, I did go into that with the bar set fairly low. Other than that, the only movie that's gotten close to inducing Grudge-level fear was Mirrors (2008).

0|0
    0|0
  • Halloween is my favorite horror movie

Michael Myers is the only horror character that terrifies me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Of these, the Conjuring and then Lights Out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think all those ones suck. I'm not really into the whole ghost-y paranormal side of horror movies, I don't find them very scary. I prefer slashers, something more gritty and realistic maybe. My favourite horror film of all time though has to be Scream. It's not really scary, though I was terrified the first time I watched, but I do think it's hilarious and I love how it takes the piss out of horror films.

1|0
    0|0
  • Horror movies don't do anything for me anymore. It's my favourite genre, but it seems all of them now are just demonic possession like wOw how original. I want something that's gonna make me be on edge the entire time, and something that will terrify me so I can't sleep. Something fucking good! It's all I ask!

0|0
    0|0
  • Rosemary's Baby
    Under The Shadow
    Let The Right One In (Swedish version)
    Drag Me To Hell

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually don’t like horror movies because they scare me lol but Insidious would be the only one i would ever consider watching...

0|0
    0|0
  • So far from all the horror movies I've watched, the ring 1 and 2 are my favourites

0|0
    0|1
  • I found the insidious movies terrible in comparison to the other ones. My favorite is The Conjuring

0|0
    0|1
  • Scariest shit I have ever seen😵 but I like it lmao, by the way they are puting this movie back on netflix this month so stay tuned guys😌

0|0
    0|0
  • The ring
    I hardly find any scary horror movies but I love this one so much, even if it wasn't scary

0|0
    0|0
  • My favorite horror movies of all time were "Dead silence" and "The ring" .

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like horror movies, I've only ever seen Oculus and It, and didn't like them.

1|0
    0|1
  • None of them, I don't like scary movies eeek, I'm jumpy enough

0|0
    0|0
  • Psycho Alfred Hitchcock

1|0
    0|0
  • Real life

1|0
    0|0
  • conjuring :(

0|0
    0|0
  • The one where i am the killer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Extraterriatrell

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of those neither. I prefer saw.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lights out

0|0
    0|1
  • I like The Woman in Black

0|0
    0|0
  • They're all bad.
    I like the old The Thing.
    The Thing is probably the only movie that has made me kind of ''scared''.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• It depends on my mood i guess.

The best horror movie I've seen as in best acting and techniques and devices is probably As Above, So below.

The scariest I'd have to say would be the Texas chainsaw massacre and Friday the 13th franchises because they derive from my own personal nightmare. 7ft, 200 pound mental handicaps who have an evil voice in their head telling them what to do. Especially in a rural setting covered in environmental danger as well as Jason and Leatherface. Barbed wire, bear traps, trip wires, lakes, and the dark. And false sheppards who pretend to try and help you but then they lead you back to the danger.

I think pretty much all modern horror movies are hot garbage. Except Geralds game. That was pretty good.

The horror movie I think I enjoyed most of all is called resolution. I could be wrong about it's name. It's about a heroin/crack addict who contacts an old friend because he needs company. The story is kind of meh. But the acting is top notch and the reason I loved it was because of the real feeling atmosphere between the two friends. I enjoyed their banter and it hit close to home. I recommend this movie to every horror fan.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Howling. I don't know why, but for some reason, that one always freaked me out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of those Insidious, your missing all the classics though.

0|0
    0|1

1|1
    0|0
  • The Orphan

0|1
    0|0
  • Out of those only insidious gave me goosebumps. I don't like scary movies that just work with jumoscares. It's kinda cheap.

0|0
    0|0
  • I Love Insidious especially Insidious Part 2 because it takes you back to the 80s, 90s horror in a modern day in age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Believe it or not Creature from the Black Lagoon is my favorite horror movie
    Like the 1954 black and white one
    Love those old monster movies

0|0
    0|0
  • Let us be honest.
    It depends on the time you live in and special effects.
    1978 King Kong is horror for me for bad special effects.
    But it has to go to the king of Kings horror film. The Oman.
    I would like to add- The Nightmare on Elm Street.
    All these films are fantasty movies. Not based on facts.
    But every man who never seen my number One horror film, it is based on fact. It could happen to you and nearly to me. u
    I give you every man's nightmare and Woman's too. The 1973 classic , origional I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE.
    Fuck any woman my male friends after seeing that fact based film.

0|0
    0|0
  • Still the old Friday the 13, Nightmare and Hellraiser movies. I love all those movies, Though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love horror so much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Alien.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo. DEMONS-1986. Freaking awesome!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • The Shining.

0|0
    0|0
  • Toy story 3

0|0
    1|0
  • It, the original movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly none. I don't get frightened by horror films😞
    You suggest something that could scare the shit out of me and I would love to give it a try.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes