What are the most popular songs in their countries in recent years?

I mean local artists

This was the most popular song of 2017 in my country. It has more than 220 million views on youtube

This song sounded a lot 3 years ago.

55

Most Helpful Guy

• I had to look this up because I don't listen to this type of commercialized pop usually. So, I'm from Switzerland and local artists do notoriously bad here. Why exactly that is the case is a difficult question. I think it boils down to a mix of anglophile attitudes among young people (at least in regard to music), mixed with the fact that we have a small population and therefore a limited number of talented musicians. This is why the following two songs were apparently the most popular local songs of 2017 in Switzerland - but if you look at their actual ranking in the charts, they didn't even make it into the top 50. The top 10s are pretty much all American songs.
    Anyway, here we go:

"Schachtar gäge Gent" by Züri West
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXOIhNWl0zg

"Sin Ti" by Loco Escrito
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BacXheJnHSY

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for answering. I also put music that I do not usually listen to, it was just the music of local artists most played in the last time, I'm glad you followed the idea.

In my country happens the same as in Switzerland, and in addition to being invaded by English-speaking music also comes a lot of music from other Spanish-speaking countries, lately especially the Caribbean. It's a shame because I feel that the music that comes from those countries is not generally of high quality, they are very simple sounds and lyrics.