🎥 🍿Do you ever watch subtitled movies?

🎥 🍿Do you ever watch subtitled movies?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I only ever watch movies with the subtitles on. Actually, that's one of my biggest peeves: when I'm trying to watch a movie or show and I can't put subtitles on.
    I don't know why I need them. I'm not hearing-impaired or have trouble understanding, but if they're not there, I can't watch the thing.

2|1
    0|0
    • Really? I honestly never heard of that before I watch subtitled movies but only if I need them, if it’s in English I find it really hard to watch and find them distracting lol like I’m reading everything rather than concerntrating on what’s actually going on.

• Yeah, I know, it's really weird. I've tried to stop myself from doing it, but I end up not being able to watch the movie out of frustration if I don't put them on.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 46

• If they're in Finnish or English, no, but other than every now and then when I watch anime or foreign movies. Well, sometimes when I'm really tired I put English subs to an English movie

1|0
    0|0
  • I always have subtitles going for movies and TV shows, due to how hard it is to understand what people are saying in this day and age. I have no problem understanding OLDER programming because the audio always seems so much clearer and concise and even-volumed

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah Chinese movies to help me along with the language, or anime. Not a fan of other countries's.

I do find it quite rude when the BBC or someone puts up subtitles for accented English that is still perfectly understandable.

1|0
    0|0
    • But they omit it for some heavy Scouse accent which even we can't understand lol.

• I like a break from american/hollywood movies every now and then.
    So I look for foreign movies with subtitles, some of those movies provide better romance or dramatic stories. They also have more depth or reality to them instead of flashy scenes and cgi.
    And there's always the martial art movies with subtitles.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't watch movies with subtitles because it distracts me from the actual movie. #tunnelvision

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup yup yup yup yup. All the time. Since i watch Asian films.

1|0
    0|0
  • On rare occasions. Battle Royale, Hitlerjunge Quex, and Oyayubihime are subtitled, and I've seen them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always turn on the subtiltes when they are speaking English and I'm reading English, just too used to it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Always, if only cinemas had the option of other theatres having a subtitle option, that would be lit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I used to all the time when I worked in this one video store had the largest foreign film collection in the state of Arkansas

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I watch a lot of anime and some classic Japanese films.

1|0
    0|0
  • 80% of my movie watching is subtitled. Nothing better than international movies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Always, bc I speak Spanish and I hate the translate

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer not to watch subtitles, but I watched Life is Beautiful with subtitles and I didn't mind. It was a great movie even though I cried for a week afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not usually as I rarely watch foreign films anymore, just so little time...

1|0
    0|0
  • All the time as can't generally hear the tv over the kids lol whether in English or not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes sometimes !! As English is not my first language !!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do, i feel like if the sub.'s aren't there ill not cAtch a crucial part of the story

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes put the subtitles on when I'm watching a movie at night.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much never, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• Of course. But I've mostly watched only Korean movies subtitled.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. Like the first few episodes of Orange.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always have subtitles on. Makes me understand the movie so so much better, i dont really like watching anything without it since I am hearing impaired, shouldn't need it since I have hearing aids but I still strongly prefer subs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it is a little bit easier, since English isn't my native language, and it can be quite hard to hear distinctly what is said sometimes.
    And I watch English movies/series/TV with Swedish subtitles.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I prefer subtitles in many cases because the Bulgarian dub is kinda shity and you can hear their original voice , same goes with anime, English dub just sucks

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost always. I rarely watch Finnish movies and everything else has subtitles.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only If I'm trying to learn a new language or I'm watching Anime that isn't English dubbed. Even though I normally watch the English dubbed version of Anime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I can't exactly speak Japanese and most dubs are shiz xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I only watch subtitled movies. Unless the movie is in English and there are no subtitles, in that case I just listen to English.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes but they really distract me from the visuals and prevent me from fully enjoying a film.

1|0
    0|0
  • All the movies here in the Netherlands have subtitles.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was younger I needed subtitles for bollywood movies but now I'm fluent so it's fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. Most movies I watch are in English, but every now and then I’ll watch a subtitled foreign film.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, as I have poor hearing. Plus I just like being able to read.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I usually have the subtitles on when I'm watching TV, so movies are no exception. 😅

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the times yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • Not usually

1|0
    0|0
  • Yesss😂😂 it helps improve my english😊😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope