Metallica fans (or ones who used to be), your thoughts on this?

I'm sure all I'll hear is that metallica turned into shit after the black album and that lars is a jackass, or some variation of those.

Updates:
for anybody reading the question, make sure you watch the video all the way through, because the band switches instruments a little later in the video instead of right at the beginning

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Nice Cover! Pretty entertaining, I'm sure its a nice change of pace for them as well.

1|0
    0|0
    • right? XD I always thought their cover of that song kicked ass, and it was awesome how they did something different with this time in the video

• Yeah, I like when bands are willing to try something different, I think it gives you as the audience something different and it helps them be more creative in the long run (probably why I like Devin Townsend so much, he is always trying new things.).

• i remember watching this video. i think it was kinda a cool thing to do. lars coudl be a punk singer

1|0
    0|0
  • I never was... i had to listen of replays of enter the sandman ALL throughout the 90s

1|0
    0|0
    • that had to suck lol I grew up on a lot of stuff from the black album because a radio station in my area went nuts with their songs for years

• They turned to shit after the black album and Lars is a jackass

0|1
    0|0
    • I knew there would be at least one person on here that would say it!!

• Show All
    • At least this way you get to listen to all the old stuff and the new stuff as well. You get the best of both worlds.

• exactly XD I've been exploring some new stuff some. its sometimes hard for me to get into new stuff but I know there's hope lol

• It must get very boring doing the same songs night after night year after year so I don’t blame them for changing it up a bit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Classic Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis and the Moody Blues make these guys sound like neanderthal jackasses. That's just how it is!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that. I'd still take that over st. anger lol

0|0
    0|0
    • same lol. I think the video was awesome I just wish Lars was able to be a little less choppy with finishing sentences though lol

• Show All
    • Lots, but I generally lead towards stoner/sludge metal like Mastodon, Down, Neurosis, Clutch, Sleep, Pallbearer, High on Fire, Baroness, Crowbar, Eyehategod, Electric Wizard. The the classics like Sabbath, Motörhead, Slayer, Pantera and others. How about you?

• I've currently been checking out some stoner metal type stuff too, like electric wizard. all the classics you mentioned, I am into as well. I've been writing some mytakes about music like metallica and AC/DC, my next one will be for Monster Magnet's "power trip" album, only thing is that it may be late in the week when I create it. the metalheads that read my takes get used to them coming in constantly I think lol

• Devils work. Each song is a demonic ritual, which calls on the devil in some way.

0|0
    0|0
    • I work with metal music. only those who don't truly understand music like that automatically think its the devil's work. music is only an art form, not a way of devil worship.

• Show All
    • Thanks for not judjing bro

• no prob. :) I know not everyone is going to understand the music right away, I can see how people can view it as evil when they do

• LOL not bad at all

1|1
    0|0
    • I think it was pretty bad ass lol I just wish lars would not cut off the ends of his sentences in the lyrics so much. probably it was due to getting exhausted though lol

• Top 3 albums?

1|0
    0|0
    • for me my top 3 favorites are the black album, kill em all, and master of puppets (not of order of importance)

• good stuff

1|0
    0|0
  • Every other word he says he drops the f-bomb. Bands today, they act look sleazy act sleazy and for the most part a lot of them are sleazy. This is what I deal with all the time. I've worked with many many musicians from many labels, example a drummer that's worked with Kiss and this drummer, he doesn't cuss every single time he opens his mouth. but others, forget it. It doesn't have to be this way, but it is, it's not about the music anymore. it's about how loud and how heavy it can get and a competition to see who can leave their morals behind which is why I'm getting burned out in the music business and I'm heading into something new.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It's ok but I'll always be a James Hetfield fan on vocals. I was a huge Metallica fan in the 90's. I like their newer albums but there older stuff has held the test of time and continues to garner new fans in the younger generations. My favorite songs will always be Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven.

1|0
    0|0
    • awh man, Nothing Else Matters is a song that brings good memories to my mind about someone lol. but its true how the old stuff surely has withstood the test of time really

• Satan is not my friend so I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
    • only those who don't actually understand the music are the ones who think its satanic. believe me, I work with the same type of music a lot and its not satan's work in any way

• What’s the question?

0|0
    0|0
    • i was asking what everyone's thoughts were about the video

• Show All
    • Displaying their multi talents maybe? I was at a Kid Rock concert where he played all the instruments and a Foo fighters show where Dave Grohl got on the drums. Also, Lenny Kravitz plays all the instruments on his albums.

• awesome, and I actually never knew that lenny kravitz plays all the instruments on his albums!

• I’m not a really a fan of theirs at all. I do like enter sandman and got dragged to see them in concert before. It was actually a pretty good show.

1|0
    0|0
    • enter sandman is one of my favorites, though I think it gets overplayed on rock and metal radio. I've never been able to go to their concerts, I missed their most recent one in my area back in July.

• Show All
    • hey respecting it is better than nothing lol. my parents were the ones who got me into heavier music because literally since I was born I was surrounded by it. but they also listened to things like the offspring, literally anything from chris cornell (R. I. P), even rage against the machine lol

• Yes, that’s all great music. That’s stuff I would listen to in HS. Your parents have good taste

Recommended myTakes