Why exactly should offensive entertainment be banned? Why don't the offended just not consume it instead?

Why should the offended take away other's entertainment? Why can't they just ignore it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• People love to get offended and what they love even more than that is someone having to apologize for offending them. They feel like they've accomplished something great if they get a show off the air.

If they're not offended themselves, they're thinking of the children. People are so concerned about how TV affects children and teenagers nowadays that they're going out of their way to hide everything that could be harmful rather than realizing that it's their job as a parent to raise their children.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because "special snowflakes" wear no E-armor on the internet and happen to be the admins, wrongly moderating these things.

Remember it's all about the feels.
    ih0.redbubble.net/.../flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Many can't take a joke or a laugh.
    The planet would be better off without them or at least have them establish somewhere a place (crybabies. com?), where they can cry a river about such kind of stuff.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• What do you mean by banned? Where are they banning it and under what circumstances? Who is banning it? Is it banned or just regulated? Is it just that sponsors won't finance you?

If we're going to talk about it, we need to know what we are actually talking about.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm just referring tot he fact that leftist SJWs want to ban anything they disagree with because it's offensive.

• Show All
    • It's not like you hid that sentiment. I predicted it was your sentiment just from the way you asked the question.

• As I said, if that is what you presume of me, I see no reason in wasting time to convince you otherwise.

• When it's content that actively says "some people are bad and unworthy of living or being considered humans" it's bad content and should not be allowed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why not just ignore it instead?

• Show All
    • The news, they're allowed to be on the news and talk about nazi things on real news channels in 2018

• Those are called interviews.

• Because people love to complain, I guess. Drama is fun, drama IS entertainment

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, other people would still consume it. And the entertainment may influence how they behave in the world, which would affect other people.

1|0
    0|1
    • The problem is that just about everything offends somebody, so at the end of the day, only what is popularly considered offensive is banned. If only what most people consider offensive is taken away, that means that you only alter the offense of the minority anyway. If something is offensive and popular, then the only thing this would accomplish is cementing it into the public conscious as unoffensive, no?

• Show All
    • @Anon85 I guess that's the... divisive line. How to determine if things are really better or not by making something like that commonplace.

• It's not about making it commonplace, it's about not stopping it. Because not stopping it has the risk of something bad, while stopping it with this solution has the much higher risk of something much worse. Not everything has a solution, and sometimes all we can do is make the best of what we have to work with

• Totally agree. Pretty much anything can be offensive to someone.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• It shouldn't be banned. There will always be people who are offended by certain entertainment. This is not a good enough reason to take it away from those who enjoy it. If you have a problem with it too bad for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Open marketplace should determine what stays on and what doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Their opinion is different from mine, therefore they must be punished.

0|0
    0|0
  • People just like being offended. The offended should just not consume it instead

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree censorship is out of control

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes