How does this scene make you feel / what do you think?

Ok so I'm an aspiring writer, and I would love to believe that I can write better sex scenes than E. L. James. I haven't come to the sex yet, but what do you think of this snippet of make-out scene?
Do I show potential? Or should I just give up on sexy scenes in my future stories?

How does this scene make you feel / what do you think?
I welcome other constructive criticism. Please note that English is not my first language so if you want to correct me on that, don't be a jerk. Thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a completely unbelievable and subsequently uninteresting scene - people don't behave this way, and most bars wouldn't abide it.

The writing style itself isn't too bad, but it does feel a bit scattershot in places, almost as if you were just writing new ideas as they came to you instead of planning the scene ahead of time.

1|0
    0|0
    • haha I am writing as I go. I can't plan everything. If I spend too much time planning or thinking about something, I would lose interest in writing it at all or would be worried about perfection that I wouldn't go forward at all. I need spontaneity in order to get some decent amount of writing done.

So how could it be better?

• Show All
    • No problem, I used to write a lot of erotica.

• That's better, sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, yeah, it’s better than 50 Shades, but that’s not saying much at all.

That’s honestly revolting. I don’t know who would find that sexy. Dribbling warm booze into someone’s mouth. I want to take a shower just from the thought.

Body shots would be better, though not possible in a public setting as you have it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Honestly i would love to take such drink out of ur mouth...
      Some people love it including me

• Show All
    • Ugh, that’s even grosser than dribbling booze into someone else’s mouth.

• You act like a creepy lech and expect to be rewarded for it? Fuck's wrong with you, Ali?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• So far so good. Don't be afraid to use dirty/kinky words when describing idea's or parts. Keep going.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's not bad! I do find the spitting liquid into someone else's mouth part a little unpleasant but some people might like it. Some of the wording should be changed but it's definitely something

0|0
    0|0
    • Like what?

• Show All
    • Like talking about his moist lips. Just seemed weird to me but maybe that's just me

• Haha ok thanks. Need to find another adjective then

Recommended myTakes