Am I the only one who haven't seen this movie yet?

Like I have seen a scene ( it was a racing thing!) I didn't not like it, I understand it is culture but I just can't seem to find it appealing!
Star wars fans be gentle I know how much you hate me now! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…Am I the only one who haven't seen this movie yet??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay. I still haven't seen the entire movie. ^_^
    I never saw it as a kid, but I caught the second half of it or so when I was like nineteen and they showed it on TV. And somehow I never got around to seeing that first half... (I did listen to the audio drama adaptation, which I ended up liking a lot better, so.)

I did see the two next movies in their entirety, and... yeah, they were okay. Decent special effects for the time, pretty good music. The actors for the most part weren't very good (apart from Harrison Ford), and the story and dialogue were a bit of a mish-mash, but they were perfectly watchable. I didn't regret that I'd seen them, but I didn't really see what the big deal was. I thought Darth Vader was boring, Boba Fett utterly forgettable and the Emperor supremely annoying.

I think in order to "get" Star Wars you have to have grown up with it which I didn't. No childhood memories of chibi-Dina being scared of Darth Vader, or drooling over Leia in a metal bikini, or play-pretending she had a light saber. I don't think I even knew what a light saber WAS until I was like WELL into my teens.

So... yes, I totally get you. It's not that you hate Star Wars or anything, you just don't see the big deal, right?

0|1
    0|0
    • Drooling over over Leia πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      I gotta see it then! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      I don't hate it, but I jusy wanted to know how many people like me!
      It is like asking how many people are virings in high school πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't watched it, yet, but I will do it someday. It's just that I haven't watched a single star wars movie at all. I want to watch it, but I want to start with the very first movie. The one from the 70s, with Harrison Ford, as Han Solo. After that movie, I'll allow myself to watch the other parts. In this case, I won't miss spoilers, stuff I won't know anything about because I've skipped the intro or any surprises. Kind of in chronological order.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I watched it, and honestly it may just be something that was completely WOW back then, and lost it over time
    I did not find it so amazing or anything, and planing to re-watch it soon now but in order... and see if it changes even that i hardly think i will think its any more amazing and more just a couture and maybe a thing of its time

0|1
    0|0
  • I am not a fan of the franchise. Find it to be boring aside from all the scenes involving Kylo Ren. He has stage presence.

0|1
    0|0
  • haven't either and don't know what the fuss is about

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't feel bad, I haven't seen any of them either lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Meh, IΒ΄ve never watched Starwars tbh lol. Did not attract me yet.

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha
      Well, I am a guy who like to see not judge πŸ‘

• Yeah but I need to be attracted in order to consider watching it. Like when IT came out, I saw the clown and I instantly wanted to watch that since I like clowns since my childhood.

• I like the way you think, but even something I am not attracted to, might be great actually πŸ‘

• I haven't seen it😒 I think this year I'm going toπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • It's definitely something that you should be pretty invested into to fully enjoy, but I'd stick with Star Trek

0|1
    0|0
    • I have seen some of star trek, didn't like much!
      I don't remember it though. πŸ™„

• It's probably super boring if you're not into Sci Fi πŸ˜‚ I no shame declare my huge obsession with Star Trek and especially Futurama 😍

• Lol I have a great love for Sci!
      But I don't remember liking star trek much that's it!

• I haven't either. I tried but I shut it down after that intro with letters.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't seen it or any of the star wars movies. Not my type of movie.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's one of the best, you are missing out

1|2
    0|0
  • Never seen it don’t care to see it

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol That's harsh!!
      Whatever let's you sleep at night πŸ‘

• Show All
    • ... you’re the one who said you haven’t seen it and i just said i haven’t seen it either...

• Lol, just playing!
      Glad to have you here!
      And thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• The newest one was not good ☹️ I was disappointed

1|1
    0|0
  • I haven't and I'm not planning on it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol
      I might try to!
      Cuz you can never know if you will like it if you haven't seen it.
      "Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

• haven't seen it and have no desire to see it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah haha

0|1
    0|0
  • 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 child, lets sit down and illuminate your mind to what you have hidden from it!

0|1
    0|0
  • Me neither

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve not seen it either

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• I don't get the appeal it has for locally born Americans. I think it's because I came here well after the age that most little boys and girls would enjoy it. Its popularity probably has a lot to do with childhood memories, the way some kids would like pokemon, some others like power rangers, etc.

0|1
    0|0
    • Aha!
      Well I don't think about it that way, if it is good then it is, my brother saw it at 29 and loved it!

• Us men have always been more of a kid than women. I still play with Legos from time to time.

• If you decide to watch it. Be sure to watch them in order of release.

Start with the first movie that came out in 1977 and go from that point forward.

This is the release order:

Star Wars: A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Return of The Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of The Sith
    The Force Awakens
    Star Wars: Rogue One
    The Last Jedi

0|1
    0|0
  • If it was a racing scene you saw, that was probably Star Wars - The Phantom Menace, which was one of the crappier ones. Star Wars - A New Hope, was the original, and a much better one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think to really love it, you need to have been introduced to it as a child.

The racing scenes are m'eh.

It's about space wizards with laser swords and guys with rayguns.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol
      Okay now i think i am going to watch next weekend

• Show All
    • Episode 4 came out first. They didn't actually expect to make more, and episode 4 stands on its own as a fairly complete story. (or at least seems to). Partly though they also wanted to just give the feeling that you were in the middle of an epic story. So the actual order they were released in was 4-5-6-1-2-3-7-8. There's some debate then on if new viewers should see them in order of chronology (1,2,3,4,5,6,,7,8) or order they were released (4,5,6,1,2,3,7,8). I've also seen the suggestion to watch 4/5 THEN jump back, and I think it's a good suggestion, for reasons that, if you end up liking the series, you will later understand!

• Haha
      Seems too complicated to begin with πŸ˜‚

• Me neither but I like this scene I saw from instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdkfs3DAoFj/?hl=en

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like you saw one of the prequels which are generally awful watch the trilogy that started with a new hope

0|2
    0|0
  • That last line on your post is stopping me (jk) watch them man there are or at least you'll know what the fuss is about

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol Thanks for your kindness!
      I will try to force myself ( cuz it is the only way usually to watch something my brother keep talking about)

• Do you mean the original one from 1977? I figured everyone has seen that but I haven’t seen all the new ones since I’m not happy with remakes

0|1
    0|0
    • Nope dude, not even one of them!

• Show All
    • Yeah it’s pretty good if you don’t mind some of the singing scenes they call show tunes 😊

• Yeah!
      I will put it on my list then!

• i haven't either, its a boring movie to me, just like harry potter, lord of the rings, twilight, Titanic, etc

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow Lord of the rings 😱
      Okay man, what's your favourite movie then? πŸ€”

• Leon the professional, Men in black 1 2 and 3, Undisputed 1 2 and 3, never back down 1 2 and 3, The trilogy of BEfore sunrise before sunset and before midnight, shawshank redepmtion and many more

• Aha
      Good movies!

• I like star wars in general , but not as much as everyone apparently , I just didn't take the time to see it already :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Haven't watched a single movie.. nor have most of the people around me. You're not alone

0|1
    0|0
  • First three a good movies but the rest they could have done without. They are milking it now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I saw 10 minutes of it all but didn't catch my attention sorry

0|1
    0|0
    • I see, maybe it is not good!
      no , i think it is kinda of good movie since all this buzz is around it !

• Your saving you brain two hours of cancer by not watching it

0|1
    1|0
    • Haha
      Well I am having brain cancer staying here ( personal reason that has nothing to do with most of the people here expect for one) so yeah the damage is done!

• It took me until December 31st to see it. It was actually really good , ignore the critics.

0|1
    0|0
  • You haven't seen the first one, or any of them?

0|1
    0|0
    • Nope,. Not a single movie!

• Show All
    • They're fun, action movies set in space, and for any age.
      Even Disney hasn't quite managed to ruin them.

• Okay!
      I guess I will have to check them out!

• I liked Last Jedi.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know who's the last Jedi, nor the first πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• It’s the title of the most recent film.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

• Yes yes you are!

0|1
    0|0
  • go jump in a river

0|1
    1|0
  • My brother fiancee did not see any of them

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes