Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why?

I love horror movies, but sometimes I don't understand other girls who say love horror movies but afraid to watch it alone
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Sci-fi, fantasy
    Vote A
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Drama
    Vote B
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Horror, thriller
    Vote C
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Action, documentary, history
    Vote D
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Comedy, family, teen
    Vote E
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Romance
    Vote F
  • Which genre of movies do you like the most? And why??Others
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• In order of most to least favoured:
    1. Fantasy/Sci-FI.
    Why? Because I'm a nerd, that's why.
    2. Horror (moreso the paranormal, gothic, and psychological thriller type of horror as opposed to gore films.)
    Why? I've always found horror movies to have a kind of therapeutic, anti-depressant effect on me. I think it's because they help me see just how much worse my situation in life could be, and that makes me feel better xD
    3. Action/Adventure
    Why? They're usually feel-good movies, and I find the unintentional comedy in them better than the comedy in Comedy movies, which is usually too over-the-top for my tastes.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Comedy, I'm a comedy addict :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I love drama. I really love to see ordinary people in crazy situations. Or even extraordinary people in relatively regular situations. I love when the writing is so good that it reflects life and a person's world view. Especially If mine can fit into it in some way. Like it's crazy how your idea of how the world works and another person's can be so different yet the same movie is totally relocatable and equally appreciated by both guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sci-fi, action, comedy.
    I do like horror/thriller movies, but I get stressed when people go to the "danger" instead of safety only to get killed or spooked.. I'd be like "dude, don't go there you f--ckin' idiot. There's the door to safety." Or "guys, don't spread - there's safety in numbers"
    Those usually end with me thinking "I f--cking told ya'll".

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really have a favorite genre it really depends on the concept of the movie

1|0
    0|0
  • Action, documentary, history. There's a lot of movies based on history that I just love and I think they always just end up being my favorite.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sci-fi for me, reason being a hope for a better future and seeing what could come... or just watching dome cool light saber action!

1|0
    0|0
  • Am OK with anything other than romance. I would even watch a movie filled with castration horror rather to watch a romance flick!

1|0
    0|0
  • Fantasy helps me forget the problems of this world providing me a temporary escape in the world of dragons, magic, and adventure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love movies that are as far from reality as possible :)

1|0
    0|0
  • i like comedy but pg 13 comedies are almost always awful because they are aimed at 13 year old edgy teens.
    i feel like pg or r rated comedies are the only way to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Horror, for sure.
    FYI, "Mother" isn't a drama. It's more of a thriller, with a touch of horror. It's also trippy as hell.

0|0
    0|0
    • I thought so... but the facts say otherwise and it's not just a touch of horror, it is... horror

• You think so? I don't. There were no decent jump scares and very little blood & gore. These are necessary hallmarks of the horror genre.
      There were only two scenes that crossed the line into horror, and only one was truly horrific.

• I am action and comedied out. Stumbled upon chick flicks recently. A fresh new genre.

1|0
    0|0
  • LOL how do you bundle Action with Documentary in the same category

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know... what do u think?

• I think ithey evoke fundamentally contradictory moods and emotions ^^

I like all genres though. I'm very flexible like that :D

• I like Sci-fi and horror.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sci-fi and action. Because I believe in miracles.

1|0
    0|0
  • Horror my favorite. And Animation too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Comedy, family, teen

0|0
    0|0
  • Horror & comedy

1|0
    0|0
  • Sci-fi, action or comedy is mostly what I’ll watch

0|0
    0|0
  • I like sci-fi and fantasy with action and comedy.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• I love sci-fi.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted on Sci-fi, fantasy
    As its unlimited on what you can do, flying, talking items, monsters
    It allow a creating mind to show completely and go all the creative way that art can show in movies

1|0
    0|0
  • Its something ab horror movies and I can watch them alone lol, 2nd is comedy then drama or action

1|0
    0|0
  • Horror thriller, or romance for me.
    My favourite stuff is anything psychological and I prefer unconventional romantic movies.

1|1
    0|0
  • Horror movies are very boring in my opinion, only because the plot lines are very dry. Its more about the thrills, gore and chills, but I think if horror movies incorporated a richer storyline that haunts you after its over would be awesome.

A ton of horror flicks have incredible potential to be epic movies, not just for the scare, but for a good cinematic punch of a story.

My favs are sci-fi and fantasy, which also can be a bit cliche, boring and repetitive, but its neat to see the surrealism

1|0
    0|0
  • I chose Sci-Fi because I really enjoy movies that are far from reality. While watching them I'm able to forget about the world for a moment and it feels as if I would enter a whole new universe!

0|1
    0|0
  • Comedy/Family/Teen
    Then
    Romance/Drama
    Then
    Action
    Then Scifi

0|0
    0|0
  • psychological thriller, history, philosophical, drama, documentary and etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Comedy

1|0
    0|0
  • Psychological

0|0
    0|0
  • Comedy, fantasy, mistery.

0|0
    0|0
  • fantasy, horror, documentary and history

0|0
    0|0
  • Sci-fi, fantasy and comedy

0|0
    0|0
  • I like romance and drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing can beat my love for horror movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Action-dark knight rises, suicide squad

0|0
    0|0
  • Sci-fi, fantasy
    I find them interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • I mostly like funny movies.

0|1
    0|0