Which photo is better?

My local shopping centre is doing a competition, which out of these photos should I enter?
  • Which photo is better?Option 1
  • Which photo is better?Option 2
  • Which photo is better?Option 3
    Vote C

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi, artist here. Go with three! The rule of thirds might be a little ignored, but it has a great negative space and it isn't crowded like the other pictures. One is too close to the subject, there's a break in the background from the top of its head and it almost gets cropped off. Two is a little better but the filter makes it too flat, and there's hardly anything In the background, plus the tail end is cropped strangely with the bit of negative space in-between. Three has a clean crop at a minimal space, a range of color, a flow from light to dark, a contrasting and full background, and negative space around the subject to make it pop more instead of filling out the entire image. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like the second one because is only black and white, I find it more esthetic making the swan the main objective and well defined with its own shadows.