Im rubbish at digital art? Help?

I can draw well on paper but when I use my wacom intuos to draw it looks like it was drawn by a three year old. Help?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're probably not used to the software. Think of it this way; let's say you have a plate of spaghetti in front of you. Normally you eat it with a fork, right? So what would happen, for example, if you tried to eat that same spaghetti with chopsticks? (Assuming no experience with chopsticks)
    The same applies here. You might know how to make art, but you have no experience with the tools given to you. Just acquaint yourself with the software you're using and you'll get better as time passes.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you have a picture of it?

Have you stabilizer/correction activated?

1|0
    0|0
    • It's too shameful for anyone to see and yeah I do. I just suck at line art it's so difficult. I only got it three days ago but I'm so terrible

• Ah, I see :'D

I would suggest watching many tutorials, especially how to start.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• You have to get used to the Ratio and friction.
    A) Most likely your pad is smaller than your monitor and that is something you have to get used to.
    B) Paper and Pencil has a way greater friction than standard intuos nib and the pad They sell special nibs for that but good luck finding any retailers.

2|0
    0|0
  • Hey it takes time to get acquainted with hand to eye coordination in case of digital art!! you need to practice more and more... may be use stabilizer or something!!! It took me 3 months... so don't give up!

2|0
    0|0
  • Just practice, spend hours in it. there's no magic in it. It's a skill that has learning curve. The more you spend the more you get to know how it works and manipulate your hands and brain to produce your art.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe dodgy hardware. Do the lines look straight? If they don't there's a simple fix. Google it because I can't remember.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do exercises for hand eye coordination on tablet, remember to try rotation of canvas. You can also just vector in the lineart with illustrator

1|0
    0|0
  • i struggle the same it takes time to get handy with it cuz its supersensitive unlike paper

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest using Paint to remove the shame of it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'll use paint to remove my existence

• Git gud scrub

1|2
    0|0
  • Maybe try scanning in hand drawn as a basis?

1|0
    0|0
  • It's all about practice 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • Imagine it's on paper, worked for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Practise ^^

1|0
    0|0
  • You should go see a professional

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Digital art is harder than paper, it takes practice and I guess it's because paper has a good grip but digital the screen is like... I don't know different?

Practice makes it perfect

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes