Racial slurs in fantasy writing?

I am writing a fantasy script and I need a made up racial slur for "human" or "mixed species." Can you help me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Racial slurs are often use more harsh ending consonant sound and only one or two syllable. More importantly though the description of its use and historical and societal connotations are what give racial slurs their bite. A characters use of racial slurs will inevitably start to define both.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Human: air breathers, greedy sadists, inbred scum
    I dunno about mixed I’ll think about it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• It really just depends on how you call the other species. Like, if they're some kind of furry-type, call them dogs or rats. If they're reptilian then lizards.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is going into some commie anti racist project isn't it?

0|0
    1|0
    • No. Its just a reflection of life today. There is actually a reason why people don't like humans.
      Besides, on an off note, do you want there to be racism?

• Show All
    • You do know there are white people in the NAACP, right?

• That's because it's a Marxist organization. Show me white people in the New Black Panthers, there's a pro black organization , angry af but pro black at least.

• It's a bit of a Sci-fi term but Terran tends to be used for human and very often in a tone of it being an insult

1|0
    0|0
  • Think about characteristics that the other species don't have. Slurs often, but not always refer to something that distinguishes a group.

1|0
    0|0
    • If these are aliens, I could imagine them using a word like "primates" or "apes."

• It would depend upon what characteristics the other races DON'T have. For instance, if the other races ate flowers then calling humans "carns" (short for carnivore) would be a way to insult humans.

0|0
    0|0
    • the alien characters look human but have blue markings on their skin and pointy ears. Humans do not.

• Because their ears are blunt so they call them blunts

• I like that

• Umm take the two races combine them into something shorter and sharp sounding that you could say angry

1|0
    0|0
  • Human - Entarran

If your book goes big i get 5% of profits

1|0
    0|0
  • God, you humans are such homo... sapiens 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • How about cunt

1|0
    0|0
  • Mutt, Mud Blood, A "Trial an Error"

1|0
    0|0
  • Mudblood

1|0
    0|0
  • "Monkey"

0|0
    1|0
  • Nigga please

0|0
    1|0
  • Yuk-yuk lol

0|0
    0|0
  • "hairless apes"

0|0
    0|0
  • What about Coxcomb?

0|0
    0|0
  • NINGEN

0|0
    0|0
  • How about m-iger

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 3

• Minge

1|0
    0|0
  • Being called a Dirty Dyke while getting f.

0|0
    1|0
  • What are you doing in your profile pic...

0|0
    0|0
    • Just making a funny face.

Recommended myTakes