Have you or would you play dungeons and dragons?

It's often portrayed as "nerdy" in movies and books, but after looking it up I think I'd really enjoy it. Problem is, I don't know anyone who would play with me because of the negative dorky stigma around it.
  • I've never play, but I'd try
  • I've never played and I never would
  • I have played, and I loved it
    Vote C
  • I have played, but it wasn't really my thing.
    Vote D
  • I have played but it was super boring.
    Vote E
If anyone would feel like explaining some of the game to me, I'd be totally open to it! I want to get people in my area on board, so let me know how to play and why it's so fun! You can pm for it too

918

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately most people who play D&D are nerds, dorks, etc. I played it before because it was a game you played where anything can happen and only your imagination was your limitation. One thing that made it boring for me as a kid was how long it took to get everything set up and how many manuals you would have to go through I'm to better understand the rules, characters, and worlds. A good DAM also makes the experience much better. I stopped playing it because like you, I don't know enough people who played it. I met people later in life that was into it and played by it, but by then I haven't played in decades and I didn't have the time to dedicate for sessions.

• I'd love to try it, but unfortunately all of my friends are stoners. If it really takes that long to play, they'd all forget what we were doing and go grab McDonalds and a gas station slushie. 😂

• Yeah, go to a game store in your neighborhood and I'm sure you will find people who play. You know Vin Diesel plays Dungeon & Dragons? So D&D is not limited to nerds

Most Helpful Girl

• Join some RPG forums, find yourself a group you can play with online, there are usually plenty of 'LFG' threads. My boyfriend has two groups he plays with every week that he found like this. With voicechats like Teamspeak or Discord and websites like Roll20 it's really easy. And if you live in a bigger city, you can even find a group for playing IRL. In my group there was me, my boyfriend, a mother of three, a morbidly obese guy and a businessman. Dont be afraid.