Have you or would you play dungeons and dragons?

It's often portrayed as "nerdy" in movies and books, but after looking it up I think I'd really enjoy it. Problem is, I don't know anyone who would play with me because of the negative dorky stigma around it.
  • I've never play, but I'd try
    Vote A
  • I've never played and I never would
    Vote B
  • I have played, and I loved it
    Vote C
  • I have played, but it wasn't really my thing.
    Vote D
  • I have played but it was super boring.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
If anyone would feel like explaining some of the game to me, I'd be totally open to it! I want to get people in my area on board, so let me know how to play and why it's so fun! You can pm for it too

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately most people who play D&D are nerds, dorks, etc. I played it before because it was a game you played where anything can happen and only your imagination was your limitation. One thing that made it boring for me as a kid was how long it took to get everything set up and how many manuals you would have to go through I'm to better understand the rules, characters, and worlds. A good DAM also makes the experience much better. I stopped playing it because like you, I don't know enough people who played it. I met people later in life that was into it and played by it, but by then I haven't played in decades and I didn't have the time to dedicate for sessions.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'd love to try it, but unfortunately all of my friends are stoners. If it really takes that long to play, they'd all forget what we were doing and go grab McDonalds and a gas station slushie. 😂

• Yeah, go to a game store in your neighborhood and I'm sure you will find people who play. You know Vin Diesel plays Dungeon & Dragons? So D&D is not limited to nerds

Most Helpful Girl

• Join some RPG forums, find yourself a group you can play with online, there are usually plenty of 'LFG' threads. My boyfriend has two groups he plays with every week that he found like this. With voicechats like Teamspeak or Discord and websites like Roll20 it's really easy. And if you live in a bigger city, you can even find a group for playing IRL. In my group there was me, my boyfriend, a mother of three, a morbidly obese guy and a businessman. Dont be afraid.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I've always wanted to try, seems a lot of fun. I have some friends in uni who play it regularly.

1|0
    0|0
  • OK its shameful to ask this but not asking is more shameful
    I don't know what is DnD and I never heard of it at all I tried to google it and I found: is it a board game? If it is then Im never gonna play it coz they won't import them in my country xD

1|0
    0|0
    • It's more fantasy than board game from what I've heard. It's a role playing game where a DM (dungeon master) tells a story in which the players get to decide what to do, and if they get a certain number they either do what they wanted or do something potentially very bad to their character or the story as a whole. I'm not an expert, but this is what I've picked up on it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

• You can watch some gameplay on twitch. tv

• I have played it and have loved it but the issue is finding enough people to play the game with.(especially people who know what they are doing as me and my friends didn't really didn't have experience with it before hand).

1|0
    0|0
  • I have played it once a long while ago. It's fun, because you can play characters different to what you're used to. You're right that good groups are difficult to find, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't played it but I want to. I even bough all the rule books but have no one to play with

1|0
    0|0
  • It's alright. I'd rather read a book or make something.

1|0
    0|0
  • I might give it a try.

The only thing putting me off is that I heard this game could take hours and hours.

1|0
    0|0
  • My old group is probably getting back together to play soon, but I'd rather play star wars or shadowrun.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to have a Lot of imagination, make sure everyone is focused on the game, by that i mean phones off, playing D&D can give you awesome memories

1|0
    0|0
  • No, cause I don't have time to be involved in someone elses bullshit fantasy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have played, but conflicting schedules and loss of interest made it die out kinda fast.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did it in college, as yet another way to procrastinate on studying...

1|0
    0|0
  • I have. Never again.

1|0
    0|0
  • YASSSSSSS

1|0
    0|0
  • No because I play pathfinder

2|0
    0|0
  • I have played but it was super boring

1|0
    0|0
  • have played it and LOVED IT !

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Never played, but my art teacher likes it. He actually runs a D&D club lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I asked some of my friends to let me try because cuuurious, it was funny but not really my thing 😄

3|0
    0|0
  • I've never played. But its something I've always wanted to try.

1|0
    0|0
    • There are great websites for finding online groups to play with.

• So, yeah... I admit that I have played it... a lot when I was younger... and enjoyed it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you can't tell. Yes, and I love it.

1|1
    0|0
  • D&d is awsome

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven't played it but I'd love to give it a try.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never played but why not.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes