Has anyone here tried interpreting the lyrics of a tool song?

If so, what was your take on those lyrics? What do you think they mean or what do they mean to you? For anyone who doesn't know about tool, it is a band.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't speak for anyone else, but as a songwriter myself, lyrics don't really mean anything. It's just for however the listener interprets them. Melody comes first, then you come up with words to fit that melody ot syllables.

• I like lyrics almost more than the actual song in some instances or should I say I like them about the same? If one is not good, but the other is, I probably still won't listen to the song. I normally listen to songs that have underlying meanings or go deeper into things. I don't like ones with stupid lyrics. I only asked this question because I like to hear different interpretations, because lyrics are essentially good poetry if done right.

• You're a deep person then, I suppose.