Are people mad about the black panther movie? ?

It’s full of black people. That usually upsets people when minority groups are featured in movies. Or does this movie get a pass on that? Just wondering.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would any sane person be mad that there are black people in a Black Panther movie? I mean... Black Panther is black! He's the king of a (fictional) African nation where lots of black people live! It's NATURAL that there should be a lot of black people in the movie!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't see why. Im against them forcing minority groups into main character roles in ways that don't make sense but a film based in Africa that has always being about black people, it only makes sense to have it mostly black. It would be ridiculous otherwise.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• There were actually a few instances of white washing, but they quickly fixed them I believe so that's the main reason why people were mad
    Overall though I can't wait to go see it!

0|0
    1|0
  • They shouldn’t be. This is the first all black superhero movie. Why would anyone be upset? Hell even it’s bad I’m still gonna say it’s good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's amazing and totally ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah the movie has been completely blackwashed. They didn't even audition black actors to play black panther

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• The film is about Black Panther in his origin country which is somewhere in Africa. FFS of course the majority of actors will be black. If they put mainly white actors I will be pissed.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would actually be pissed if the movie featured a majority of white dude. ( Or if all main roles were white)

I'm actually only pissed by Hollywood whitewashing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why? Did people who read the comics get mad? No, it plays in the middle of Africa.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather Africa stay hopeless

0|0
    1|0
  • you've got it wrong. Black people get mad when there's "not enough" of them in movies. Or when someone "not black enough" plays a black person in movies. The rest of us don't give a shit. We're just there to watch the damn movie.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes