What are your thoughts on the Shane (Dawson) allegations?

Alright so one of the OG YouTubers who is still on fire with their content today being Shane (Dawson) had his past re-surfaced and he is being labeled as a pedophile. His 3rd episode in his podcast "Shane with Friends" was brought up and chopped up to be taken out of context in several YouTube videos going around. It's a very bad situation as once again Shane is dealing with the past that he knows is not a representation of him anymore and he definitely moved on from his past edgy, shock-factor content. If you are old time user of YouTube and followed Shane for a bit way back in YouTube's early days like me then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm going to preface my opinion with this. We live in an age where people wants things in the now and don't want to spend the time to actually look into something to see if it's credible or not. If a video is posted online saying Shane is a pedophile and his old podcast episode is cut up to make it sound like and Google images are thrown into the video then yes. Hundreds of thousands of people online will believe it. Because they want information in the now and it doesn't matter if there is any credibility to the situation.

Now for my opinion on the matter. Shane is NOT a pedophile. He's said and done some crazy things as the crazy characters he portrayed around 6 or so years ago. He's moved on from that and he acknowledged that his past actions were bad and nowadays doesn't reflect the man he is. He joked around a lot. Especially during his 3rd episode of his podcast. You can hear him speak more about it in his apology in the first video below. Shane is being thrown to the curb and it's not right. Again if you knew how Shane was 6 years ago then you would know exactly why he is in the position he is in right now. And it's so wrong and unfortunate to see him in this position. The truth needs to be heard in this situation. Not shrouded.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be s HUGE fan of him years ago so i understand. I think people start shit just to start shit 🤷🏻‍♀️ I really don’t think he’s a pedo

• Exactly. I see so many people who don't know who he is, but they see these videos and think it's all true. They even try to disregard evidence I send to them showing he's not a pedophile. It's honestly sad to see this happening to Shane when he's grown SO much.

• Ohh myyy. I heard that was a conspiracy theory and I'm not going to dive into all those as I know Shane is innocent here. But if that's the case then that's kind of fucked up. Logan needs to back off as Shane is an OG regardless of Logan previously being on Vine. I like the new Viners and their content on YouTube, however, they don't show any decency to those who have been doing for YouTubers for 5-10 years now.

• Something has been released of Logan Paul paying somebody to start the rumors. I don't know how legit it was but it’d make sense 🤷🏻‍♀️

Most Helpful Guy

• This is bullshit! Logan Paul and his manager did this to take the heat off him. Pulling up a podcast from years ago and it suddenly hits big is very fishy.