Are most wwe fans teens?

Well I have a younger 15 year old sibling who is totally into wwe. In fact he is so engrossed in it, that sometimes he lifts me up in the air and performs these (I weigh 100lbs so I guess it is easy for him 😂). Bur anyways are most fans teens or are there adult fans as well?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• These days it's mostly children and teens. There was a period in the late 90's where particularly the WWE became a bit more adult orientated to compete with another wrestling company at the time called WCW.

WCW had a bad guy version of Hulk Hogan called "Hollywood" Hogan and the popularity of that among people who had grown up as kids watching him as a good guy kept them watching as he became more like a cool bad guy street gang leader.

So WWE became pretty much R rated for a bit.
    It made them popular enough but they had to tone it down because it became seen as a bad influence on kids so now it is very kid friendly again and quite boring for adults.

1|0
    0|0
    • I gather that you were a fan back then and donr watch it now?

• Show All
    • That is interesting! So is Dwayne Johnson part of this era you talk about? Since he is like he only guy I know from there

• Yes Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was very much part if this era.
      As "Hollywood" Hogan's career was dying down in WCW, The Rock's was coming up and the popularity of the rock was the clincher which won the war between the two companies and WWE eventually bought WCW.

The Rock had a very brash character which first became very popular as a bad guy part of Vince McMahons corporation. He coined phrases like "lay the SmackDown" "know your role" "If you smell what the rock is cooking" etc. He gave very entertaining "promos".
      He subsequently became the most popular good guy in WWE.

However, in 2001 or 2002, Hulk Hogan was brought back to WWE and went face to face with the rock.
      Even with Hogan returning as a bad guy who ran the rock over in a semi trailer trying to murder him, the fans still cheered more for Hogan than the Rock.

Take a look at a 2 minute video of the opening of their match and decide for yourself who the fans still loved more:
      https://youtu.be/vs01TOrus2A

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yes since its pg, the real wrestling is dead and nothing can bring it back. Even I haven't seen the best wrestling when ibwad young, but I've seen at least good wrestling with real people and not "characters". For me Steve Austin is real and he will always be real to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Adults like it as a tv show. Teens take it too seriously 😂
    My nephew is obsessed with it as well. He RKO'd (a move) his sister... Got her seriously injured... And got himself into a lot of trouble 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • Well my bro puts me in the fireman carry position and then carries me all over the house. 😂

• Show All
    • Well, he is strong, I am skinny, so it was easy for him. 😂😂

• Yeah lucky you. You got a nice brother.

• Id say the age doesn't matter but teens and kids immitate stuff. I used to perform the DTT on my sibling e. e

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno... I don't care for wwe... Not any other sport either...

0|0
    0|0
  • My older brother and my nephew (his son) are both big wwe fans.

0|0
    0|0
  • anyone can be a fan of the WWE.. I've been a fan for 2 decades

0|0
    0|0
  • noooooo. People of every age are into it. Especially now since a lot of us grew up with that stuff

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes