How do you feel about Rick from Rick & Morty?

How do you feel about Rick from Rick & Morty??

39

Most Helpful Girl

• He's a character with a noble premise behind him but too many pseudo-intellectuals on the internet have no understanding of narrative and try to emulate his every action in earnest which is exactly what the fucking show keeps showing will end poorly for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• The same as I feel about the whole show. His character was funny and fresh at first, but the novelty wore off and the changes the writers made left me feeling disappointed with him in the newest season

• I admit I sense that same change. He's more of a cynical dick now than he was at first, in the first season he was more of a chaotic & reckless dude.

• I mean yeah you could think that or you can listen to what the creators have said and maybe look into the underlying themes and and hidden shit throughout the series.

It is deeper than you realize, but i guess if you just want a zany superficial cartoon, then whatever floats your boat i guess

• I just think they make a lot more money and get much better PR if they make it look like it was all some meaningful philosophical journey all along, so I take the idea of their supposed foreshadowing with a grain of salt lol