What was the first Star Wars movie you ever saw?

If you ever saw Star Wars...
How old were you?
How did you react?

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I can't remember my age but the first movie I saw was A New Hope. What was the first Star Wars movie you ever saw??
Updates:
What's your favourite Star Wars movie?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Star Wars IV, sometime in the early 80's. I liked it, but I was too young at the time to really know what was going on. After I got older (and read the books), I gained a lot more appreciation for the series.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Update: My favorite was Star Wars III. The acting wasn't that great, but the pivotal point of Anakin's fall was probably the most climactic point in the series.
      Although it wasn't cannon, I also liked Rogue One really well. Very dark, and that final scene with Vader was awesome
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

Most Helpful Girl

• I canโ€™t remember how old I was, but I saw A New Hope first too (the best trilogy was the original one, though this new one is pretty awesome too!!) I absolutely love Star Wars!!! Total geek of it! :)

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw Phantom Menace first and I was probably 7 years old. Space politics were boring, but I loved the action, the jedis and the fight against Maul is a masterpiece to this day. After that I think I saw A New Hope and that's when I really fell in love with Star Wars.

1|0
    0|0
  • Episode III been so long

1|0
    0|0
  • I've seen it when I was something like 10. Enjoy it, didn't care much about lightsabers, X-Wings were my shit. A New Hope of course.
    My Favorite is Return of the Jedi. There's everything in it, Jedi, space battles, heroes winning, etc.
    I like the prelogy, even if it was not as enjoyable thanks to that Anakin whiny bitch.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was six years old. I saw Return of the Jedi.
    The 2nd I saw was A New Hope.

Since then Star Wars is a part of my life.

For the record: Im not a fan of Disney star wars. I only like the design in The Force Awakens.

1|0
    0|0
  • A New Hope. Must have been 11 or 12. Fell in love with it. How do you find the Last Jedi?

1|0
    0|0
    • It was quite good. I didn't like the unnecessary humour and the portrayal of Luke. Other than that it's a solid 8/10.

What's your view on the Last Jedi?

• Poe was a bit funny. Luke was different from when we saw him in Return of the Jedi. I liked it. It was good to see Yoda again.

• It was Episode one (hate me but I consider that my fave)! I saw it like 1 to 6 and I hated it literally xD I was 12 maybe? Or 13? I don't know
    But at 14 I saw it in release order and this time was a cool experience... its cool and respectable but I am not a huge fan and I am not so into "FanZone" of anything really (exclude EMINEM) but yeah
    I am more like Bladerunner fan in compare of star wars movie bcoz
    starwars is a money-thing now and just makes random movies coz they know it will sell doesn't matter how bad it is (like 9 of them now?) And 7 really disappointed me (altho I REALLY liked and enjoyed Rogue One) and I am waiting for 8 right now...
    However I believe it ended at 6 and its never gonna be same again
    And 3rd bladerunner bcoz really this 2049 one ended like "hunger games 2"(?)... I was watching and wtf? It just ended at the middle and ruined my YEAR ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|1
    0|0
  • A new hope, theatrical release (not that remastered bullshit) on VHS when I was a little kid.

1|0
    0|0
  • A new hope. Age 9 I believe. Watched it in order they were made.

1|0
    0|0
  • Star Wars is the first Star Wars movie I saw. I was about 6.

1|0
    0|0
  • Episode 4. My dad made sure I watched them "in the right order" lol

1|0
    0|0
  • My first Star Wars was the Phantom Menace, when I was 7. I didn't know anything about the franchise at all and I was shocked and confused because I couldn't understand at all why people liked it so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Phantom Menace. I don't understand the hate for the first trilogy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Episode IV, saw it when I was 3 on VHS. Wore that tape out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I saw A New Hope when I was young (under 10) but not in the theater.

1|0
    0|0
    • Empire still sits on the throne. It's my all time favorite movie.

• Umm maybe episode 3 on the cinema, I don't really remember if that was the first

0|0
    0|0
  • The Panthom Menace. And I like the 1st trilogy

1|0
    0|0
  • A New Hope so Episode 4 technically

1|0
    0|0
  • A new hope, i was like 10 or 11

1|0
    0|0
  • Episode 2

1|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I've still not seen any of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw them all last year when my boyfriend made me watch them. So Episode I, what ever that was called. Honestly, I didn't like them that much. I think the idea was good, but the execution wasn't that great and the plot was kind of lacking. But I'm glad I saw them, so I know what people are talking about.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first star wars was Attack of the Clones. But I was little enough I didn't understand anything going on and the only thing I remembered was the big lizard obi wan rode at one point

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure I've seen bits and pieces on TV earlier, but my first specific memory of Star Wars was a young boy racing in the desert (so probably young Anakin, pod race on Tatooine, The Phantom Menace).
    Took years before I actually sat down to watch all the movies. I like Star Wars, and probably know more about it than the "average" person, but I wouldn't call myself a super fan.

1|0
    0|0
  • The one that just came out. To be honest there were girls in the corner of the theater flashing pictures and talking loudly and stomping up and down the stairs plus I had just got my period so my stomach hurt. No to mention I had no idea what was going on and the movies suupperr long so it was like a torture session for me. I think the experience was bad, not so much the movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first one I saw was A New Hope. I donโ€™t remember how old I was, but I was just a kid then. My favorite Star Wars movie is The Empire Strikes Back.

1|0
    0|0
  • I remember seeing the majority of Return of the Jedi at my cousins house when I was around 7.

1|0
    0|0
  • Episode 4 was the first one I saw, considering my mom is the one who made me start watching them, and that one is her favorite.

1|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™ve only seen the first One and I donโ€™t remember it at all lol

0|0
    0|0
  • A New Hope and it wasn't til I was like 17/18.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes