How good are you at drawing?

How good are you at drawing?I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be extremely self conscious in their artistic capabilities.. So I made a tutorial for those who don't think they can draw! It only takes a few minutes.. And, honestly, I think anyone could be an artist with a little bit of motivation and inspiration! Also, quite frankly, I strongly believe that people bash themselves too much and are too afraid to go out on a limb to try and see what they're capable of!
https://imgur.com/a/5z43a
So, if you're up to the challenge, why not see if you can follow my tutorial! πŸ€—
If you attempt it, please post the picture down below! Or, if you have other art to share, you're more than welcome to show it!
But nonetheless!
How good do you think you are at drawing?
  • Absolutely horrible!
    Vote A
  • Pretty bad..
    Vote B
  • Somewhat average.
    Vote C
  • A bit above average.
    Vote D
  • Pretty decent.
    Vote E
  • I'm actually really good!
    Vote F
  • Other opinion/Comment/Lets see shall we?
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty good at drawing from a model, but not that good of a doodler. Here's a sketch I made for a course.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What course?

• Show All
    • I know, right :D we did end up choosing another problem to solve in our group. Would've been fun to design a product to help with that.

• Thanks for MHO :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Attached is 1 of my still life/model sketches. It's supposed to be my foot on my bed. The dark shadowing under my foot is supposed to be the fitted sheet & the lighter creased looking thing on top is supposed to be a blanket. My dimensions/proportions aren't where I want them to be yet.

https://imgur.com/v9AwaXV

P. s don't mind the lopsided toes πŸ˜…

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• 0|0
    1|0
  • Is there any negative rating available?

then i can answer your question

0|0
    1|0
    • Being negative is like putting a small weight on yourself.. Sure, a little bit isn't much, but if you do it often, it adds up and can cause some serious drag.

• lol i am not depressed or anything

but when it comes to drawing, i can't think of anything

• Nah, and you don't have to be though! Just something to be wary of!

And I feel ya.. You can always look at pictures for inspiration.. Or just simply draw random shapes and make it into something!

• I was acting the middle of sketching, I'm using a new pen but it's what I enjoy sketching

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm actually really good at it and i don't even draw very often i think the talent comes from my older brother he's really good too it seems the less time i spend drawing the better i am when i come back to it its weird

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say I'm pretty decent. Maybe a bit rusty at the current moment but I debated on going into animation at one point

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a pro graphic artist (2D and 3D), working in the business for quite some time.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would say that I'm okay but not good. But this women I'm talking too she is really really really good at it. She use Photoshop, digital drawing and she is very talented.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am okay at drawing. Went to a real college to learn how to do comic strips. Hard stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm fairly good but I'm not willing to do the prep work and extra steps to become great at it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel ya there

• Show All
    • Ooooooh okay! Like a centaur or a merperson? I didn't know there was uniform vocabulary for that! Thanks :)

• There isn't it's specifically a deer and a bird. But that would be cool xD

• Yup. Loved drawing as a kid, now I study architecture and sketch designs out.

Still draw on my free time. I have an empty Instagram of my stuff if anyone's interested.. 'kcm_lau'

0|0
    0|0
    • I'll check it out just because I want to see how other architecture students are doing. :D

• Not even remotely good as you are, great drawing above, congrats :) πŸ‘

0|0
    0|0
  • If you consider stick figures as art then yes I'm a brilliant artist.

0|0
    0|0
  • I paint decent... Does that count?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have degree is traditional art.

0|0
    0|0
  • i can draw cartoons

0|0
    0|0
  • I draw like a 4 year old with downs syndrome

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• I shouldn't be self-deprecating, and just say "not as good as you" and leave it at that. But, truthfully, my fine arts abilities are atrocious. At the height of my drawing skills are tornado scribbles (like we all did in primary school on our notebooks), two-dimensional smiling suns, and those single-pencil-stroke fishes.

1|1
    1|0
  • I used to draw a lot do I think I'm pretty decent but I depends on who's looking at my work and what they think is good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty average.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pretty bad, though I really wish I were.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not nearly as skillful as you are. I'm not much of a sketcher or a drawer. I'm more so better at doing small doodles and various fonts as I love lettering and making cards/envelopes as a personalized touch when gifting.

1|0
    0|0
    • I love creating fonts also! Though.. My fonts are kinda funky haha. And actually, I have a hard time drawing big! That sketch is only a bit bigger than two quarters!

• Show All
    • Smaller*

• Exactlyyy!! And then it's like er.. Dang.. It's so small!! For the LIFE of me I really can't draw bigger!! It's super hard to scale things to a larger size no matter how much I try, it never looks as good! It's definitely the struggle lol

• I started from drawing figures and I slowly branched into other forms of art! Now I practice photography and film making. While doing that, I would love to venture into product design, textiles and fashion soon! Still an design undergrad :P

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice! That's cool :)

• Thank you Ebby! :3 Your drawing is really cool too! Would love to see you work on portraits! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

• You're welcome! And thanks! πŸ€— If you want, you can look at my art on IG! That's where I post almost everything I make! It's "ebby_senby"! I haven't gotten around to formally doing a portrait, but I've made a sketch of my boyfriend's face before! And I think it was somewhat decent! :)

• I'm alright if I do say so myself. https://imgur.com/a/0gymU

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha thanks! And oops I hadn't meant to say iris.. You're right! It's the pupil! Thanks for following the tutorial :)

• I suck major balls. Honestly. I can't even draw a straight line. xD
    I've had people asking "What's that?" when I doodled stick figures, man. STICK FIGURES! xD
    If this doesn't count as 'absolutely horrible' I don't know what does, lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh goodness xD
      Hmm.. Well, I still have faith in ya! Sometimes stick figures aren't always even easy! Ya just gotta find something that makes artistic sense to ya! Maybe like a flower or something! :)

• I assure you, those are the easy kind of stick figures. xD & I've tried my hand at flowers, but they always come out crooked as well. xD

• Haha xD well, maybe some line art! I'm sure there's something! :)

• I painted an artist's original drawing for my final project on stress. πŸ˜‚ i had to redraw some parts because it was too hard.

I'm not really good... I started this around 2pm and ended it at midnight ish. I get into art projects really seriously and it's insane. Ok some fingers are messed up but I have this on my wall, as a reminder of how far i am willing to go whenever i am driven with motivation

1|1
    0|0
  • This is an old sketch so... I guess it's pretty decent. It's not that great though.

1|1
    0|0
    • I like your style

• I think it's pretty good! The proportions are nice and you're good with the facial expression and pose and creating those can be tough!

• a little out practice but i'm okay at it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use to draw a buttload! But that was when I had more emotion. But now I haven’t at all for a long time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always been into my artistic and creative capabilities since I first learned to hold a pencil. I've learned just from dedicated practice. Im an art major now

1|0
    0|0
  • I can’t create but I do replicas and they come out okay

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm okay, but maybe because I'm a girl, stereotypes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to draw when I was younger, but somehow I just got bored with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Bored? Maybe it's moreso unmotivated? But I getcha.. It's been pretty much the same thing with me up until

• *recently

• I’m an expert at stick figures

0|0
    0|0
  • Decent :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat average i'd say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty decent

0|0