Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

What do you think about the celeb, Aziz Ansari sexually assualting a woman he went on a date with?

What do you think about the celeb, Aziz Ansari sexually assualting a woman he went on a date with?A well known male feminist and one of the few male celebs supporting the #metoo movement is under fire for sexually assaulting a woman he went on a date with. The two texted for 2 weeks, then went on a date at a restaurant which was cut short when they went back to his place. The actor then pressured and was very aggressive with the woman, who had to tell him many times to slow down and take things slow. She stated she gave both non-verbal and verbal cues telling him she was feeling uncomfortable and eventually had enough of him trying to get into her pants and left. On her way home she cried in the cab and then texted him the next day about her disapproval of his behavior.

Do you think that Aziz should be punished and made an example of for his behavior?
It is disgusting on the men who think just because a girl comes back to your place it means that she MUST have sex with you. Women are not prostitutes.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Im curious as to what she expected if they "cut the date short". I mean his behaviour is unacceptable but I doubt she was expecting him to pop a DVD on and make some pppcorn.
    Also, if a woman was doing this to a man, literally nobody would care. Just saying.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s definitely the type of bad behavior that’s considered normal.

What Guys Said 7

• Well we know her story but what about his? 2 parties 2 stories so its unfair in the name of 'equality' to start accusing and making judgments until all parties involved state their position.

• What do you expect he is male feminist.
    And if the anon below is right, then I'm not surprised, this has been normalized way too much, she should bear the consequences of false accusations

• She told him she didn't wanna have sex
      Guess what, they didn't 😂

• That's doesn't sound like assault..

• celeb?

• So, let me get this straight. They cut short their very first date to go back to his place, and then she wanted to take things slow? Seriously? What exactly did she expect was going to happen at his place? They were going to play checkers?

There is more to this story than we know from this short (and likely uninformed) paragraph and I'm not going to pass judgement and say he should be punished based on this.

• Anyone who wants the full story can read this article. It provides more details than you'll ever want to know. But I will sum it up in case you don't want to spend all the time. Ansari and this woman got naked and essentially did everything but have intercourse, including giving each other oral sex.

He was aggressive in ways that some women would have enjoyed a lot, and others not so much. This is the position men are placed in today because they are expected to be the aggressors and most women want them to be, but they also have to "read her cues" and somehow know what she likes and doesn't like and whether she wants it or not, all without knowing what is going on in her mind.

https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

• QA, I would be interested to know your opinion on this. Do you think Ansari deserves to be punished? If so, what for, specifically? Do you think he deserved to be publicly shamed for his sexuality by an anonymous accuser?

• @Update - is that really all you got out of this?

• I don't consider that sexual assault, by the sounds of it I consider that unwanted advances on a date. Him being pushy =/= him sexually assaulting her. I regret that she cried & that he was acting that over assertive though. No punishment should be incurred, that is legitimate witch huntery. I am always very careful & measured not to do anything a girl isn't receptive to on a date but I don't expect every man to be like Me.

• She sucked his dick twice, cuddle naked and watched TV , got oral from him for 30 mins and when she asked to leave he called her an uber... she ain't no victim. #Metoo had turned in to a witch hunt.

I was so happy seeing logical women on Twitter calling out this BS last night. It gave me faith in women again.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!