Is all of this sexual misconduct in Hollywood, getting out of hand now?

I've been wanting to ask this but nervous to do so, on here. It all started with Harvey Weinstein and it was a domino effect after that and they all came crashing down. I think it's horrible that people of power think they can get away with anything and that the victims think their careers will be over if they tell anyone. It's all very sad and horrible that there's been so many of them.

However, I now feel it's becoming a runaway train and guys at random are now getting accused and frankly that's a little scary. Most recent is Michael Douglas and James Franco. I just feel like people want to take down every male that's famous and make them a pervert, when they are not. Like I said, it's a little scary how many guys being accused everyday.

It's also effects us regular folk because I saw an article on MSN about women afraid to raise sons because of all the sexual misconduct. One women even takes her 3 year old son to conferences about sexual misconduct and how it's wrong, he's 3! I just feel it's getting out of hand now. The curtain was lifted and now it won't go back down.

What do you think?

Here's the article : http://www.MSN.com/en-us/news/us/for-moms-of-boys-mixed-emotions-over-sexual-misconduct-saga/ar-BBIbyxD?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like it's good that so many people are brave enough to come out with this, but it's also scary that a single allegation that snowballs can ruin someone's career. I wouldn't say it's getting out of hand, but we definitely need to tread carefully when it comes to these kinds of accusations, and follow up on them. You don't want to hurt the accusing person, but you don't want to ruin someone's career, so whichever side is picked there's always someone getting hurt. It's a nasty situation we're in but with care it can be handled well.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Reporting sexual misconduct is always appropriate. The sexual harassment is, and was, out of hand. It's something unacceptable and at thus point I'm glad women are confident enough to speak up about it, because for years and years and generations it was something to keep quiet. This is a brilliant time for women and for society and quite honestly it's only scary if you're a sexual predator. And I think if you are a predator it's very good to be very scared #timesup

1|0
    0|3
    • A predator. Or someone falsely accused. Because apparently no one cares if there is proof or not, once a woman claim she has been "assaulted", no one can even try to ask for proof without risking to be labelled as a rapist defender.
      It's nothing more than a witch hunt. Centuries ago, claiming someone was a witch was enough to send her to torture and death. Today it's the same with those claims. A woman claim someone assaulted her, and everyone HAS TO believe her, because she couldn't possibly lie. Even without a single proof. It's not a brilliant time. It's inquisition all over again.

• Where are you getting this information? Because there are literal investigations and questionings that go into rape cases

• And none of those in favor of those claims even wait for it to end. Not that they care. Once the accusation is launched, it's enough, no matter if there's nothing to support it.
      If I came to you one day, and claimed you've murdered someone, without proof, would you find faire that people immediatly want to throw you to jail, even before i've proven that you're what I claim?
      Because that's what is happening right now. Once a woman claim she was assaulted, you can't question it. She claim it, so it's true and that's all. Question it, and you end up on every social media as a rapist defender.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I dunno. I think it's good that people are being investigated and it's making people think about how they treat folks and all, but there will always be opportunists who could use it as a chance to get back at someone in spite. I've been falsely accused of such things before and I can't say I celebrate the innocent people being investigated, it really disrupts your life and that reputation stains you even if you're proven innocent, there's always that seed of doubt, but overall I think it's good. I don't think I know a single person who hasn't been harassed or assaulted so I can only imagine how much worse things must be for powerful and rich people who know they can get away with it. Look at the guy playing the Phantom in the current run of Phantom of the Opera (assuming he's not changed since a few months back) convicted of sexually assaulting a minor, banned for a time, but now he's back like nothing happened. It'll cause disruption for a while but it's a complex problem. I think it'll come out with an overall positive outcome.

1|1
    0|0
  • Some of those men have it coming and some of them just need to be more careful about who they let into their bed. This goes for everyone really. I believe sex not only makes you physically vulnerable with another, but emotionally vulnerable with them as well. As I'm sure we all know being vulnerable with someone who doesn't respect you is kind of like asking to get shat on. People keep doing it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • No false claims yet, not a one, so what the fuck you talking about?

James franco won't even comment on it and vehemently avoids it, super inmocent totes

1|0
    0|4
    • Okay, someone accused Sylvester Stalone. Then someone accused Paul Haggis a movie director I believe who also happens to be an ex-scientologist, who spoke out about scientology on Leah Remini's A&E show. Then someone accused Ryan Seacrest. And, there's one against Aziz Ansari. Not saying that the accusations aren't true, it's just seems like (Liam Neeson said) it's a witch hunt. Not to mention if all the thousands upon thousands of men in the entertainment industry are sexual deviants, does that mean all the millions of men in the world are to? Is that what I'm suppose to believe as a woman, that I can't trust any man ever including the ones on my television screen?

• Show All
    • How can you tell if a claim is false or not when it's something like sexual harassment?

• You can't, you do an investigation

• All good and fine if the allegations are legitimate. However, it becomes a trend, and many people make false claims because they see a chance to make easy money. But they don't care about the effect it has on the innocent, and it diminishes the impact of genuine claims.

0|2
    0|1
  • Its been out of hand the media is just now shading light on it & tht thing you saw on MSN was just some crazy lady using her kids looking for attention to show how proactive she is. No false allegations yet so if its the truth let it be hear (the truth of the world will almost never be pretty to hear you may get tired of hearing about it, it may stop being covered on the news but sadly it is/will still happen in Hollywood where you live, around the world etc. now & in the future)

0|1
    0|0
  • The wonderful part is... there's basically zero conservatives left in Hollywood to get eaten by this. It's all liberals and feminists eating themselves.

0|4
    1|0
  • Someone remembering she was sexually abused after 20yrs, that's just a way of earning money

0|6
    1|1
  • Yes it is. Even some women are coming out and saying that it's getting ridiculous. Everything a man does is sexual harassment now. One guy lost his job just for putting his hand on a womans shoulder to console her. I think a lot of women using it as a status symbol or for attention. Women need to stop being snowflakes

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pathetic. This sexual misconduct is a far cry from being raped. These women need to get over seeing a penis.

0|3
    1|0
  • It is getting crazy for sure.. what I do not like about any of it is that all these women that are doing the accusing wait all this time to come forward rather then speak up at the time they say it so called.. Happened.. there should be a time limit on this of 5 years maybe even less.. and if they not come forward in that time.. well so be it.. probably was just a bunch of garbage anyways.. they then should shut up.. just my opinion only and like anyone else.. I am entitled to it.. have a nice day

1|0
    1|0
  • There should really be a statue of limitation. Not saying it's wrong or right but if you bring it up years after the fact what's tho say your night lying

0|1
    0|0
    • There is a statute of limitations... it differs depending on your county. You can bring it up whenever you want, and I think it's healthy to make others aware and talk about it, even if it's too late to press charges

• I think maybe because it's gotten so much attention that some people have decided to use it as an opportunity to get their name in the public eye or to settle old grudges. If that is the case it's really sad because it belittles those who have actually been victimized, and it hurts their situation because it makes it harder to know who's a real victim and who is just taking advantage of a situation. Either way it's horrible, it's horrible to think that any woman would take advantage of such a situation but on the other hand if that's not the case then it means there are a lot of scumbag men in Hollywood that would treat women so deplorably. It's sad to say about my own gender but the latter is probably the more likely.

0|3
    0|1
  • The AP/MSN article made me extremely angry. The 3 year old needs to be taken away on gounnds of child abuse. Same for the 15 year old in the article. These mothers are raising self-hating or secretly woman-hating men.
    As far as the accusations are concerned, tell the police, not social media. Even ultra-liberal Stephen Colbert agreed. Secondly, it needs to be about each individual man. Wienstien wasn't doing it because no one taught him how to treat women, and he didn't do it because he was a man, he did it because he was an asshole and a criminal who deserves to be tortured and killed.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's what I explained many times here, it was just the opportunity for neo-feminists to unleashed their hate of men by accusing and attacking every men they can, and change what is considered legally as sexual assault by their own definition, which is basically that any men talking to a woman without being told is qualified as a harasser and an assaulter.
    This is not feminism anymore. Nothing more than men bashing and hate, and those feminists are getting what they want: men under control and submissive, because they're scared to end up in jail for a simple flirt or greeting.

0|2
    0|1
  • I guess it is. Unless people lead a loud rage against this, these ain't gonna stop

0|0
    0|0
  • No but them trying to put childish life lessons in serious movies is getting very old and annoying

0|1
    0|0
  • Sexual misconduct has always been a part of Hollywood. It is just coming out in the open now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Isn't it getting in hand?

I'll get my coat.

1|1
    0|0
  • Indeed

0|0
    0|0
  • longtime now

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Everything is sexual harassment nowadays. Weird how you never see men as the victims and women as the predators in this "MeToo" thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously, now everyone is doing it for attention

2|5
    1|0
  • It defenitley. The falsness and virtue signalling of those speaking out is getting ridiculous especially by certain women like Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep and lately Oprah who give us long morality speeches but do not practice what they preach or acknowledge that they were complicit.

0|0
    0|0
  • The reality is that sexual misconduct has been out of hand for a really long time. That's the real problem---not that people are finally talking about it.

2|0
    0|6

Recommended myTakes