Is all of this sexual misconduct in Hollywood, getting out of hand now?

I've been wanting to ask this but nervous to do so, on here. It all started with Harvey Weinstein and it was a domino effect after that and they all came crashing down. I think it's horrible that people of power think they can get away with anything and that the victims think their careers will be over if they tell anyone. It's all very sad and horrible that there's been so many of them.

However, I now feel it's becoming a runaway train and guys at random are now getting accused and frankly that's a little scary. Most recent is Michael Douglas and James Franco. I just feel like people want to take down every male that's famous and make them a pervert, when they are not. Like I said, it's a little scary how many guys being accused everyday.

It's also effects us regular folk because I saw an article on MSN about women afraid to raise sons because of all the sexual misconduct. One women even takes her 3 year old son to conferences about sexual misconduct and how it's wrong, he's 3! I just feel it's getting out of hand now. The curtain was lifted and now it won't go back down.

What do you think?

Here's the article : http://www.MSN.com/en-us/news/us/for-moms-of-boys-mixed-emotions-over-sexual-misconduct-saga/ar-BBIbyxD?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

626

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like it's good that so many people are brave enough to come out with this, but it's also scary that a single allegation that snowballs can ruin someone's career. I wouldn't say it's getting out of hand, but we definitely need to tread carefully when it comes to these kinds of accusations, and follow up on them. You don't want to hurt the accusing person, but you don't want to ruin someone's career, so whichever side is picked there's always someone getting hurt. It's a nasty situation we're in but with care it can be handled well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Reporting sexual misconduct is always appropriate. The sexual harassment is, and was, out of hand. It's something unacceptable and at thus point I'm glad women are confident enough to speak up about it, because for years and years and generations it was something to keep quiet. This is a brilliant time for women and for society and quite honestly it's only scary if you're a sexual predator. And I think if you are a predator it's very good to be very scared #timesup

• A predator. Or someone falsely accused. Because apparently no one cares if there is proof or not, once a woman claim she has been "assaulted", no one can even try to ask for proof without risking to be labelled as a rapist defender.
      It's nothing more than a witch hunt. Centuries ago, claiming someone was a witch was enough to send her to torture and death. Today it's the same with those claims. A woman claim someone assaulted her, and everyone HAS TO believe her, because she couldn't possibly lie. Even without a single proof. It's not a brilliant time. It's inquisition all over again.

• Where are you getting this information? Because there are literal investigations and questionings that go into rape cases

• And none of those in favor of those claims even wait for it to end. Not that they care. Once the accusation is launched, it's enough, no matter if there's nothing to support it.
      If I came to you one day, and claimed you've murdered someone, without proof, would you find faire that people immediatly want to throw you to jail, even before i've proven that you're what I claim?
      Because that's what is happening right now. Once a woman claim she was assaulted, you can't question it. She claim it, so it's true and that's all. Question it, and you end up on every social media as a rapist defender.