Is it bad I'm letting my nephew play a violent video game?

Is it bad I'm letting my nephew play a violent video game?My nephew just turned 5 in late December. Anyways He wanted to play my brother PS4 and started play Metal Gear Solid which is a violent game.

And at first I thought he had no idea what he was doing but messing around til I saw him aim at the head of opponents and givin them head shots.. and moving with strategy to get to the opponents.. smh lol

My sister's kid is super smart. He is a picture of him.

• It's wrong.
  • Let him play.
  • Other
    Vote C
I took it from him.

75

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, the issue with violent video games is more when you have a kid who isn't finding ways to express his anger, sadness, or whatever feelings he has; AND that kid is basically allowed to become obsessed with violent games, even just allowing the games to be the kid's "baby sitter"; AND parents are not taking the time to instill non-violent values, maybe even promoting violence, THEN the video games become something that feeds off and refuels this negative cycle. As long as the game is not so graphic that it was too scary for your nephew so that he'll have nightmares; and as long as he is being raised with strong values of dealing with problems as a pacifist by default, and being very measured about when violence is appropriate; and he gets a lot of time playing outside and doing things away from the TV or computer screen, it's probably not that big a deal.

Most Helpful Guy

• This might seem like an innocent sin, but it is going to affect his psychology more than you can ever calculate. Don't expose him to this.