Thoughts on today's mainstream music?

I personally hate it. I miss dance music like cascada era where you can jam out. Now it's all soft and little to no beat. Thoughts?

522

Most Helpful Guy

• Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Lynard Synard, Ozzy solo, Black Label Society, Def Leppard, Queen, Quiet Riot, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, ZZ Top, anything newer is too new for my liking. People keep calling 10 year old songs old while I'm sitting here listening to it for the first time. Everyone of those bands added something to genre and influenced at least a little bit, music that would come later. You don't get that anymore. Everything is the same 4/4 time signature with no real deviation of the BOOM BOOM TEET beat. Every once in a while, someone turns up the bass and all of the sudden the bass is so awesome and groovy. You want awesome bass and overall instrumentation?
    https://youtu.be/RaRtXYSszsA
    Here you go

Most Helpful Girl

• Some I like some annoy tf outta me. Like the song wolves by Selena Gomez and some other dude, her part sounds very fucking repetitive and i have to skip the song whenever it comes on.