Why does it seem to be crap on TV these days?

Anyone else feel like TV has gotten terrible?

Only seems to be reality shows or dramas that are getting more and more outrageous and stupid!

43

Most Helpful Girl

• We're kind of in a bit of a golden age of tv. Clearly your tv is like perpetually stuck on E or like the CW. What kind of tv do you prefer?

• I have never watched E or anything of that ilk. No idea what the CW is?

The last semi decent think I saw was death in paradise, and even then still not great.

Luciefer is watchable, there is nothing else I have seen that is worth watching recently. Black Sails became stupid when it could of been a lot more. Breaking bad was just terrible, waking dead got to stupid.

British TV hasn't made anything worth while since London Irish, and that got cancelled because they get more views from reality TV.

• The process has changed drastically since the invention of the internet. Some really famous artists just produced, wrote, performed and marketed their music themselves. Yes I agree is it quite a long process but the opportunity for the product to be the vision of single person is much higher. I don't think you can actually compare the two because a lot of the time, an artist can have a lot more freedom. The craziest tv show I've seen still follows tv conventions and an established structure, the weirdest music on the other hand doesn't.

• You say this, but the obvious response would be vloggers. Actually cheaper than creating music at home, and I bet more people watch vloggers than listen to music produced by independent artists!