What are your opinions on Doctor Who now having a female Doctor?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The Doctor is an alien that does not follow the same gender binary humans do. So I think it's nice. People have been pushing for this for longer than you or me have been alive so.

Personally Steven Moffat has been garbage as the showrunner and made Doctor Who such a chore to watch these days so I'm mostly excited that he's finally getting the boot. Especially since he's being replaced by the guy who made Broadchurch and I really liked Broadchurch. Though I do wish we'd gotten a couple non Moffat-led eps with 12. Peter Capaldi is a genuinely amazing actor (watch the Torchwood episode he was in to see what I mean) but a great actor can't save shitty scripts.

0|0
    0|0
    • Couldn't agree more. I've been forcing myself to watch it purely for Capaldi but the storylines have been awful.

Most Helpful Guy

• No problem, but I think it's the wrong time and the wrong actress

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Frustrating. They do it because it's trendy to have a female lead now, not because they meant something with it.
    If something is done just to pass an inch because everybody else are doing it, then it loses its point.
    I don't hate on female characters but it has to be done with a thought inside, not just to jump on the train with everyone else.

0|1
    0|0
  • The feminists are taking over, just like ghostbusters.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t watch it but I don’t see why not or why it would be a big deal to have a female doctor.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't watch the show anymore but I think it's pretty neat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. I mean like that we can start adding double genders to all TV shows characters.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's wonderful.

0|0
    0|0
  • About fucking time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't understand the question?

0|0
    0|0
    • In the BBC TV show Doctor Who, the new actor that will be playing the Doctor is now female for the first time. I'm wondering what people think of this.

• Riiiight. It think it's like a boy playing hermoinne.

• It's great why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • very intelligent people

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine. Maybe next year wonderwoman can be played by a man or the black panther played by a white guy

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Disclaimer: I am not a regular viewer.

If it is used in an interesting manner to explore new stories and ideas, if it opens up new facets to work with, then I will appreciate the change; if it is a wasted opportunity, if it is done for political reasons and shows, if it is handled badly, then I will dislike the change like a TNG fan dislikes Sisko.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah, it's wrong. it's took social justice and equality too far, it's a bastardisation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been into Doctor Who so I may not be the person to discuss this. But I don't have a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not against it but I'm not 100% sure of it either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont watch the the show so I couldn't give any less fucks 😏

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she does a good job

0|0
    0|0
  • The show should be cancelled.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes