How do I read difficult texts/books?

I don’t know whether I have dyslexia or ADHD or whatever, but it’s really fucking hard for me to concentrate. I get extremely impatient when I read (I’m studying psychology so I have to read a LOT) and at the end I take unnecessary measures to finish my reading (staying up all night only to read a chapter, over analyzing certain references, etc.)

I’ve always had trouble focusing on one thing at a time but I can’t take it anymore. Has anyone experienced this? How do I understand difficult texts with lots of complicated words?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Dyslexia is a different story. People with dyslexia can’t concentrate because they have trouble reading. People with ADHD can’t focus, because of other problems.

• I also have trouble reading because I can’t understand some sentences/phrases, even if they’re explained to me.

Do you have solutions for this or are you here to talk about mental conditions? Smh

• Well, I can’t suggest anymore than working on your memorising skills. Try to remember as many words as you can that you find difficult to comprehend.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can totally relate... :/ I take Biology for my A Levels and you need to read and memorize a lot because of the facts and so on. I decided to just make notes of it, simplifying it using easier words. ^^;;