You ever really like a book or tv show and then have the realization that, Holy shit this would cause an uproar in other 1st world countries?

The book in reading rn is called Of Blood and Honey
You ever really like a book or tv show and then have the realization that, Holy shit this would cause an uproar in other 1st world countries?its an urban fantasy set in northern Ireland for the troubles and after the protagonist sees the atrocities the British army commits repeatedly and being thrown in an internment camp for a few months then later a prison both for beinf in the wrong place at the wrong time, the latter time being bloody Sunday he gets out and joins the IRA, he is at one point on the job as a wheel man (apparently being half Faerie makes him like a Michael Schumacher level driver) and this RUC cop comes up during the bank robbery and starts throwing slurs at him, then his allies come out of the bank at that moment and he kills the police officer before the guy can clear his holster, he escapes the cops and army due to his aforementioned faerie driving skills and its at that point I realized holy shit, this book would cause a serious commotion if it ever gained popularity in the U. K.
Too bad, the book is REALLY good

22

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think so. I think a lot of people generally would take issue with the books I read since some of them are really sexually explicit and don't think grown ass women can't discern fantasy from reality. I think a good 50% of the American population would there shit over erotic romances. Imitate southern accent: "Buttstuff I do declare that is most sinful!"

• Why would it cause commotion? It's just a story. We're not that easily offended here.

• Really? It was my impression that the u. k airings were the reason they toned down Fionas IRA involvement in burn notice, I know that princess di got huge amounte of flak for taking her kids to that Harrison Ford movie with brad Pitt as the IRA villain, (the really awful one that I can't remember the name of)

• It used to be a much bigger issue than it is now. In the 90s there were more frequent bombings and kids died. So yeah then it was but not now. People have got less offended by these things. Also it’s just a story and a faerie? Yeah...

Most Helpful Guys

• A book that would cause an uproar in the first world? Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.

• You mean shitty half baked politics, combined with a terrible writer?

• The one with one of the supposed 'heroes' going and stealing aid shipments full of food and medicine.
      You know the kind of things we sent troops into Somalia to stop warlords from doing

• I think that it would cause an uproar if they were first published now.

I never said why.