What should I know about playing D&D with a bunch of coworkers who I don't know (except 2 who I'm decently acquainted with)?

I have played Dungeons and Dragons ONCE with my family when I was 15 or so. It lasted a few hours, but most of it was figuring out the game and making characters, to which I decided in a pre-made character since I had no patience. I sucked badly then when I was supposed to add points and stuff and it was hard to learn (sorta) how to play. it took a bit. So will it be bad to jump in a game with experienced adults (8 or so) who I don't know? I'm really awkward, but i like people still and i think it could be fun but, AGAIN, really awkward. especially because i sorta lose common sense when in new settings. thoughts?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you creating your own character, and are you playing multiple sessions with the same character?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i'll probably use a pre-created character. but they said that they didn't use a board when they played or something like that... so i may have to. and i don't know if i will go again but if i did, i would use the same one

• If you just dive in you will learn a lot and people will probably help you but if you're that worried just look up the rules

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that group sounds kinda big and won't be much fun to play with. From experience I enjoy a group of 4-5 not including the DM.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Reading below why would you use a premade character? That sounds so boring and unoriginal

• and i dunno. but according to the game master, it doesn't seem like they'll be playing out of a box version of D&D, whatever that means

• No idea then... Sounds weird :p