Who is your favorite female villain?

Who is your favorite female villain?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Plenty of men could nominate an ex wife or girlfriend... The best male villains (Hannibal Lecter, The Joker, Lex Luthor, Harry Lime, Magneto, John Doe in Se7en, John Kramer in Saw etc) are actually anti heroes. Despite them being the bad guys, we root for them. That's because they have extraordinary qualities that allow them to behave as we secretly sometimes wish to. So we admire their qualities and approvingly go along with their behaviour because it acts out desires that we are inhibited from expressing.

Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct) is the only female example like this I can think of. Catwoman, possibly. I could include Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, but she's more of a realistic portrayal of a horrible horrible person, rather than a villain.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That female terminator from Terminator 3 - Kristanna Loken. I remember watching the movie the first time with my two brothers when I was younger and wondered how someone gorgeous could be a villain lol.

https://goo.gl/images/qwe2gP

And of course Harley Quinn is rather bad ass as well.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• Either Bellatrix Lestrange, just the amalgamation of evil, or Annie Wilkes form Misery. Annie is just bone chilling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ouroboros Grandmaster from Legend of Heroes

Largely an enigma, but she controls one of the most powerful organisations in that universe and holds huge influence in several countries. What makes her terrifying is that we have no idea what she looks like except the fact that we supposedly 'saw' her already.

0|0
    0|0
  • Santanico Pandemonium from "From Dusk Til Dawn". Salma Hayek is so smoking hot.
    media.giphy.com/media/XY7WbEJLdWiOY/giphy.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • The evil queen from Once Upon a Time.
    Cold, reserved and even cruel on the outside but quite warm and fuzzy on the inside AND portrayed by a Hispanic actress?

Yes please.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cat Woman

she can whip me anytime

www.allthatsepic.com/.../catwoman-margie-cox.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a great, great question. I’m tempted to say Catwoman, because... well, it’s Catwoman.

But to me the best, most disturbing female villain I’ve ever seen is Amy Dunne from Gone Girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to say Cat Woman as well, I'm not good in female vilains :-(

0|0
    0|0
  • Are there any true villains who are female? I don't think there are. They're always painted as confused or misunderstood, and almost always given an opportunity to change for the better, sometimes even joining the hero, or becoming one themselves. I believe this will never change due to the overwhelming moral outrage that seems to arise whenever a person of minority is represented as shamelessly and senselessly evil. Remember all the fuss surrounding "Basic Instinct"? Literally decades of evil white men in Hollywood and centuries of them on stage, without a peep. One decent homosexual female villain and "OH, THE HUMANITY!" This is consistently the case with minority villains. So even writers who might otherwise like to present a truly foul minority villain have learned to write caveats into the story, or personable traits into their villains. Apparently, only straight white men can be evil.

0|0
    0|0
    • The queen in Snow White was a legit female villain.
      And so was sensational Sherri.

• Lucy Mirando she just wanted to make the world a better place.

0|0
    0|0
  • there r to many movies but i think its julian moore can play a villian well

0|0
    0|0
  • Harley Quinn.

1|1
    0|0
  • Martha Stewart.

0|2
    0|0
  • 1. Hilary Clinton