Do you like horror movies?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• No... I don't get the appeal of being terrified for most of them. There are two horror movies in recent history however that, while I have yet to watch, I love in concept. Those movies are "Don't Breath" and "Get Out."

Why I like these movies: The villains, the big monsters... they're people. They're normal people. You can escape a normal person. You can hide from a normal person. You can outsmart a normal person. You can be stronger than a normal person. You can't simply outsmart, hide from, or... well beat a demon or other such monster as exists in some horror movies. I'm fine with being scared, that's not the issue... the issue is hopelessness and helplessness... those are feelings I hate, and they are present in most horror movies nowadays.

One horror movie I'm likely to watch should it ever get released (the release date was set back recently) is the new mutants. It looks horrifying... but also intrigues me knowing that many of the creepy things are connected to mutant powers... that and it has Maisie Williams in it... so there's that.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some, not most. I've only watched a handful of horror movies in my life. Two that fucked me up were The ring and The grudge, simply because the girls were creepy as hell. To this day I sometimes have nightmares of a girl with long black hair chasing me. Not fun.
    Older horror movies are easier for me to watch because they're not as scary or mindfuck-y. Like Scream. I also really liked The Thing, both the old one and the new one.
    I don't like jumpscares. I think they're a cheap way of scaring someone and a scary movie shouldn't have to rely on jumpscares to be scary. That's why I usually don't like any of the modern scary movies, because they rely too much on being jumpy and in your face, over having a creepy buildup and just being scared by the thought of what might be lurking in the shadows.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Not really. It's probably the worst genre for me, with terrible writing, terrible actors/actresses, no depth of plot, and the list goes on. I get bored watching horror movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like horror in books, but in movies and stuff I dislike gore and jump scares, which rules out damn near everyfuckingthing these days :P It's for the best, though, the imagery tends to stay with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally no, some are good, others are just bad or poorly produced. Sadly the latter far outnumbers the former.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a huge fan. Sci-fi, paranormal, slasher, monster, psychological, trashy horror, exploitation movies, cult movies, camp... I love it all! I also really love gore too. I have seen some really brutal films and some movies that would probably make most people's stomachs turn.

My favorites are kind of humorous and campy. Movies like Evil Dead 2, Return of the Living Dead, and Creepshow for example.

My top 10 are:

1. John Carpenter's The Thing
    2. Return of the Living Dead
    3. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
    4. Creepshow
    5. Evil Dead 2
    6. Friday The 13th Part 2
    7. Day of the Dead (1985)
    8. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
    9. Silence of the Lambs
    10. The Shining

I would include Alien and Aliens, but I consider those films Sci-Fi and not horror. I also consider Silence of the Lambs psychological horror and not a thriller.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely love them, when you find an actual good one it's a blast and gives an experience unlike most genres

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... I love horror movies... Even though I get scared I loooveeeeee watching horror movies... 😍😍😍

0|0
    0|0
  • I do enjoy them but my imagination is too vivid so I can't sleep for days after watching one lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i like horror movies. I also watch the ID Channel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love adrenaline in all it ways, i like horror movie

0|0
    0|0
  • No, and for the same reason I am becoming a field Medic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love horrors... I'm out of world while watching them...

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a well done horror movie

0|0
    0|0
  • yess

1|0
    0|0
  • Indeed I do, bollywood horror is cracking

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • Most are ass nowadays

1|0
    0|0
  • Some are good. Most are terrible though.

0|0
    0|0
  • no..

0|0
    0|0
  • nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i love it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yesssd

0|0
    0|0
  • NOOOO

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I love horror movies

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I hate horror and gory movies. It ruins my mood and often gives me bad dreams at night. I like happy comedic movies.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 27

• Love them!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I dislike them. I like comedies and crime/psychological ones.
    I will probably make an exception only if I'm in a group and the majority decides a horror movie. And I get to grab someone's arm tightly on the entire movie, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes! Not the gore ones. Just plain old classic horror with demons and ghosts not serial killers with chainsaws and torture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I love scary movies. I'm not a fan of slasher too much but I do appreciate a good scare and don't mind blood and gore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Especially watching them with my boyfriend so I can be held and feel protected when I get scared.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I used to be obsessed with them when I was younger but I find that their getting more repetitive and predictable

0|0
    0|0
  • Horror movies are the best but they are so damn scary I get so scared watching them

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the supernatural aspect but hate gory horrors/thrillers

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but the ones in the US are not as scary as other ones

0|0
    0|0
  • YES.
    It's my favourite genre.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't like them at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE HORROR, but not the bloody one..

1|0
    0|0
  • I love horror movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but hard to find good ones

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i love horror movies

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No >.<

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never seen one

0|0
    0|0
  • YASSSSS

0|0
    0|0
  • Love them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I love them! 👿

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohh yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... very much

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm terrified of The Exorcist and The Ring!

1|0
    0|0
    • And, no, I don't like horror movies.

• No, I don't like being scared, but I wonder about personality types that enjoy horror movies..

0|0
    0|0
  • No because it scares the crap out of me but I get over it. 😂😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes