Do you like horror movies?

2826

Most Helpful Guy

• No... I don't get the appeal of being terrified for most of them. There are two horror movies in recent history however that, while I have yet to watch, I love in concept. Those movies are "Don't Breath" and "Get Out."

Why I like these movies: The villains, the big monsters... they're people. They're normal people. You can escape a normal person. You can hide from a normal person. You can outsmart a normal person. You can be stronger than a normal person. You can't simply outsmart, hide from, or... well beat a demon or other such monster as exists in some horror movies. I'm fine with being scared, that's not the issue... the issue is hopelessness and helplessness... those are feelings I hate, and they are present in most horror movies nowadays.

One horror movie I'm likely to watch should it ever get released (the release date was set back recently) is the new mutants. It looks horrifying... but also intrigues me knowing that many of the creepy things are connected to mutant powers... that and it has Maisie Williams in it... so there's that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some, not most. I've only watched a handful of horror movies in my life. Two that fucked me up were The ring and The grudge, simply because the girls were creepy as hell. To this day I sometimes have nightmares of a girl with long black hair chasing me. Not fun.
    Older horror movies are easier for me to watch because they're not as scary or mindfuck-y. Like Scream. I also really liked The Thing, both the old one and the new one.
    I don't like jumpscares. I think they're a cheap way of scaring someone and a scary movie shouldn't have to rely on jumpscares to be scary. That's why I usually don't like any of the modern scary movies, because they rely too much on being jumpy and in your face, over having a creepy buildup and just being scared by the thought of what might be lurking in the shadows.