Should Logan Paul return to YouTube?

After publicly showing a dead body on his YouTube channel aimed at young children Should Logan Paul return to YouTube??

• Yes
  • No

5787

Most Helpful Girl

• No. He traveled to a forest KNOWN for suicides, followed the ropes leading to a dead body, filmed the whole thing, acted surprised when he found a dead body, took the time to edit the video and post it, and then tried to apologized later after people pointed out how disgusting that was. I dont even care if it was aimed for kids. Kids see lots of shit. But imagine not receiving a call from your father, son, brother, etc for weeks and wondering where he is, if he's okay, then see his corpse plastered all over the Internet for all to see and ridicule. That's something that can't be forgiven.

• He went there for the haunted part of the forest. Not hoping to see a dead body. He didn’t follow the ropes leading to it. You could still see the body from the path. There might have been ropes on another side of the body but he didn’t follow any. He was truly surprised when he saw it. He didn’t act anything out. His apology was truly apologetic. You probably didn’t even watch to know the whole thing. It just so happened that I watched it and know the whole story.

• @SweetHomicidalQueen he was apologizing because he let down his fans. It was not half assed. He was crying while apologizing. When was the last time you have seen him cry? It’s very fucking rare. just because I’m 14 doesn’t mean I’m stupid.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to say. His draw was that he was funny, but he just didn't seem to understand that having fun with a dead body was inappropriate. If he were to do a redemption, I think he should go to a few grave sites and talk about the dead there respectfully (ideally a place that has some history with his family). If he can do that, and then transition back into some form of entertainment, he doesn't necessarily have to spend the rest of his life ostracized from the public eye.

• I see a bunch of people that really don't know his back story. They should check that out. Logan had a very hard and long road to get where he was. I didn't get to see the video, but heard that he didn't even show the body on his video. By the time I went to check it out the video said it was pulled by creator.

• Hard and long road my fucking ass. His brother was a Disney actor for fucks sake. He was basically born into fame. His brother took the fame and made himself vine famous with his brother Paul. I'll say it again, this guy had the easiest run ever. You're delusional AF. Get your head checked.

He did show the body on the video. He even showered it in the fucking thumbnail. Wake up.

What Girls Said 56

• Everyone hates him and Youtube cut ties, seems pointless.

• He shouldn't have been on YouTube to begin with. He certainly shouldn't have been getting money from YouTube. His whole Japan trip was awful he's just taking advantage of a culture that's based in civility and respect.

The only good news about this whole shitshow is that according Shinto beliefs that guy he showed on camera will haunt him until he dies.

• Nope. I think youtube should have banned him.

• I had never heard of this clown until he was stupid enough to break Japanese law and film that video. Since then, I’ve seen a documentary on him on Vice, but I really don’t get the appeal of his videos. He seems like a twat. And not even a funny one.

• No, what he did was inconsiderate, seriously, what if it was your relative that he showed.

• I think after what he posted he should be banned from YouTube! If that was any ordinary person their YouTube channel would be suspended for start and they would most like be booted off YouTube by YouTube themselves. I don’t think YouTube should allow him continue just because he brings viewers to them. There is a lot more talented YouTubers out there than him

• Hell no. YouTube and the world in general can really do without him.

• He really needs to do some growing up. He’s really annoying and his brother is only taking after him. Now we have 2 of them in the world. But hey that’s what happens when you become Instagram/vine/social media famous 🙄

• No grudges against him.. but I have never been a fan of him. He and his stupid brother are famous for the stupidest stuff. I really dont care and I dont give a damn if he returns.

• These people make millions from their videos. It has become their livelihood. But when anyone does anything to jeopardize their job , they should have to pay the consequences. I think YouTube would be dumb to allow this guy to make more videos.

• I voted B but he will come back. That's obvious. He has even more followers on youtube than before. Even with what youtube did, he will gain money.
    Most of his money comes from his brand and he doesn't need to be paid from youtube for that.
    He must be taking his time off to prepare a plan for his return and I'm pretty sure it will work.

• No.. he's a fucking douchebag just like his brother.
    His contents are plain crap! Still he got so many followers.
    I know some YouTuber much better than him and with much quality content yet they don't have that much followers.

• Why does it always seem that the good people on YT never get the attention they deserve

• He fucked up, no one can argue against that. I have a ten year old little brother who loves him and thank god he didn't watch that video. But what I can say is that when my brother watches him he genuinely makes him laugh and enjoy himself. He probably will return because he'll still get paid a lot, but he if my brother sees something fucked up on his channel I will personally go to LA and kick his ass.

• Wow I should find someone to look after me like u do for your brother.

• Maybe he should decide according to his own conscience

• He does have a following that enjoys his work.
    As long as he tries to be more careful and respectful, I don't know why he shouldn't be allowed back on Youtube, he already got heavily sanctionned.

• Even if you don’t think he’s problematic (he is) he’s not that funny (at all) so no.

• I agree, I think he's not funny at all, but if it was adults who were watching him the outrage for the corpse would have been smaller. His audience is ten-twelve year olds who do find the stupid shit he does funny, and who could have been exposed to something horrifying at a super young age.

• I'd prefer if neither of the Paul brothers returned to Youtube.

• Went? No. He's a sick fuck

• He probably will, that suicide video gave him a lot of publicity, he got more subs in that period of time than any other month

• Nahh

• No, can he just go away.

• If he wants to, he hasn't done anything unforgivable, he did something stupid and disrespectful, how many off us can say we haven't done something stupid in the past, Its certainly something he needs to consider but a little perspective here would be good.. With the huge audience he has perhaps it would be better for him to put that to use..

• Yes but here is the thing he is stupid and disrespectful and almost everything he does and kids love him for that

• @icedragoom Yes he is disrespectful.. but that's not something you should be crucified for, with the number off kids following him I would prefer some lesson to be displayed rather than just walking away..

as for some off the other comments here, like I said, a little bit off perspective is in order he's not a murderer or rapist, he just filmed something stupid and was disrespectful.

• I think him leaving YouTube will be a big lesson for kids.
      "Don't be like this guy or there will be consequences"
      I would never allow my kids to watch him.

• I think that what he did was bad and he should be punished. But I dont think that he should be banned from Youtube. Definitely put him on probation and demonetize his videos for at least a year. Everybody deserves a second chance

• No way.

• What happened? YouTube won't let him post anymore? Or he just stopped himself? (I know about the video and stuff but I was just wondering if YouTube won't let him post anymore or what)

• No. Get a real job.

• Working hard to make somebody else rich is nothing to be proud of.

• @Bananaman177 no seriously, at the very least you should check the dosage of whatever anti psychotic cocktail you’ve been prescribed. Your senseless and needless rant on my comment is completely uncalled for. if you’ve got anger issues with importance of the workforce in the USA, take it up elsewhere. Maybe you’re just one of these people...
      https://youtu.be/xWHBBc-slS8

• No seriously, you live in a world of emotions, like a child, and my mistake was--as I said--taking your nonsensical gibberish as if it was a legitimate argument on your part.

• His time is done.

• Hell no. That sociopath can go to therapy and fuck off.

• Heck no!

• Well, i mean... he could try?

• More from Girls
    26

What Guys Said 86

• no, whatever whack stuff he laughs about - you know lets be honest, some of us have a dark sense of humour and if its your own private thing and no disrespect or offense is given thats fine, i don't think anyone would mind. But for anyone to have display such a blantant disregard and disrespect towards others - he should be punished so he knows not to do it again.

I don't mind if he keeps uploading videos or vlogging or whatever, just not on youtube or any other mainstream video sharing site where kids are likely to see it.

• Lol @ kids today... fuck, i was a dickhead when i was young, but there were lines you just didn't cross. The dead, the young, the elderly were just off limits.

• No. He was cancer before the awful video and he's still cancer. Youtube needs real original content that helps others or encourages creativity not people who are trying to make money off of views of suicide.

• I may not be a fan of his content, but he still has freedom of speech. I’d honestly be really disappointed if he came back, since on every level of who I identify myself as I dislike almost everything about him, but I wouldn’t try to get him banned or hack him or anything. He needs to grow up and learn how to behave, true, but it’s mostly YouTube’s fault for spoiling him so much in the first place.

That being said, I really don’t want him to come back. His content and actions are garbage and only lessens the value and credibility of YouTube. I’m glad he’s gone.

• I haven't seen his content other than this story, but as long as he is operating within the terms of service of YouTube he should be allowed to continue making videos. I don't like the guy and will never watch any of his content, but he still has the same rights to access YouTube as anyone else. Whether or not we continue to give him support or respect as a community is a different story. I had no respect before, and even less now, for this person, and what he did was despicable, especially the forethought that went into editing and uploading such a video, but my respect for his person doesn't bear on whether he should be allowed to post videos.

• He shouldn’t be banned but rather his fate should be decided by the market. If people don’t want him on YouTube, they’ll stop watching.

• I've never seen his videos, nor even heard of him before he started popping up in memes and shit lcause of his making fun of a dead guy thing.

I read the story what he did wasn't cool, if its true, I haven't seen the video. But from what I hear its pretty disrespectful and callous to laugh at a dead guy, his suffering and his family and friends suffering by association.

Not cool. Should he be banned from youtube for it? I dont know. I dont care. Should he return? I dont care.

But just know if its just about showing images of a dead guy, the news broadcasts live killings, pictures of dead bodies, people getting blown to shreds, people getting shot, people dieing in natural disasters, peoples lives being ruined, people dieing of starvation, road accidents, you name it, if you can think of anything horrible happening to anybody, the news will probably show pictures of it. So there's that. If you're chastising him, where's the witch hunt for major news outlets who often, and I do mean often post pictures of these things despite the victims EXPLICIT demand that it should not be published. If Logan is garbage for doing it, every major news outlet is worse. Why just him? Why not them?

• Jesus look how stupid he looks.

Of course not, he shouldn't. This is what made him out of youtube, but this is not the first shit he did. He was very unrespectful all the time he was in Japan, not just that day.
    Not only that, but seriously, did you watch his content? I can even believe any sane people would watch that on their own will.

• I don't really care, I don't understand why anybody really would. I don't want to take away his ability to connect with the people who are his fans and still want to see his content but I also don't feel like he's a decent enough person to really stick up for in the first place, like I wouldn't fight for his right to monetize videos again. I wouldn't watch him.

• His fans are mostly highly impressionable children though and he's a really bad influence.

In my opinion the suicide forest thing wasn't even the worst thing that he's done. People just think it is because it's got everyone talking. He and his brother are already millionaires and they've proven that they don't deserve to be. They can find something else to do. If not, they probably have enough to retire young if they're smart with their money.

• @Guyofallguys2 I'm not concerned with what's 'easier'. It's still the parents obligation.

• I know. You can't make them though.

• No, he should return to his home and starve to death

• Watch his other shit he did. He once faked his own death in front of his child fans, was obnoxious and culturally disrespectful while in Japan, and then topped it off with the dead body and half-hearted apology.

• I don't think his channel is just aimed at children technically anybody can watch him but majority would be children because of how silly he acts but he made a mistake and f***** up and technically it was more of YouTube's mistake for letting that pass-through unchecked for enough people to see luckily people watching reported the video so it could be taken down but as long as he doesn't post anything like that again or do the same stupid s*** he should be able to come back to you too hopefully with a smarter mindset

• Should I be proud or embarrassed to admit I have NO clue who Logan Paul is?

• He has a constitutional right to go in YouTube. He can stay as long as he doesn't commit any platform violations. That being said, he needs to clean up good act before coming back. Also, his brother should just go away. I think he's worse.

• I don't care about what he did people will get over it. What I don't get is how many subscribers and popularity he has before this all happened. His content is trash and he's cringy as fuck ban him for life

• Your vine & YouTube Career is dead

• He is a retard and he represent everything wrong with YouTube

• think of it like a job. if you fuck up big time, you get fired. that's it. i think this is what he did so he deserves to be "fired".

• He's guilty of poor judgement. I think the damage to his reputation is punishment enough, he didn't deserve the meltdown it caused. But then I'm subscribed to Ask A Mortician, I'm no longer shocked by dead bodies and stuff so I'm less outraged than some. I think the video was in poor taste and exploitative, but it's far from the most offensive thing I've seen on YouTube

• He looks like he has some kind of mental disorder

• He was retarded to begin with... little kids and retards probably made up his fanbase.

• Is Logan Paul still on YouTube with monetized videos?

• Everybody makes mistakes. No body is perfect. And did he actually show the dead body? I have heard that he did not actually show the body. But someone did commit suicide in that forrest while he was there.

• This is the only thing he's done to exploit his fans. He makes money by tricking children in to buying his merchandise

• No. I didn't even know who he was until that one vid. I don't think a disgusting pig like that should be allowed to return.

• Of course.

• This was a reality check for someone who has never had a reality check.

• Just look at Jesse and Jeana. It affected their lives making content everyday and it neglected other parts of their lives.

• Crazy how people want to ruin someone's career over stupidity.

• Yeah

• Sure lol
    The world needs idiots like that haha

• Honestly, i agree with what Dr. Phil said about the situation :"its stupid and disgusting what he did, buy we shouldn't burry him over one mistake"

• Na him and the crew did something truly wrong where he should of just avoided it all together and then to post it is just digging a hole with a drill. .. he and all he's crew all of them fucked up

• More from Guys
    56