What’s the difference between BJJ and Judo?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I love this question! Since I train jiujitsu lol. In a nutshell, judo focuses on standup takedowns and BJJ focuses on submitting once on the ground. In a NUTSHELL. You can go more specifically into the differences of course

Most Helpful Girl

• Mainly that Judo training starts from standing position and ends with ippon when one contestant's back hits floor, while in Brazilian jujitsu the training continues on the ground until finalization of a technique, like levers (or locks?)
    I know it because I practice martial arts with friends that know judo and bjj, but mine is hapkido and taekwondo