14th February the Day?

What happened on this date, is there anything special?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Saint Valentine (Italian: San Valentino, Latin: Valentinus), officially Saint Valentine of Terni,[2] is a widely recognized third-century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and since the High Middle Ages is associated with a tradition of courtly love.

All that is reliably known of the saint commemorated on February 14 is his name and that he was martyred and buried at a cemetery on the Via Flaminia close to the Ponte Milvio to the north of Rome on that day. It is uncertain whether St. Valentine is to be identified as one saint or the conflation of two saints of the same name. Several different martyrologies have been added to later hagiographies that are unreliable.

1|0
    0|0
    • I can't tell you why Feb 14th is his Saint's Day - it was decided by the Catholic Church in ancient times.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• In ancient rome feburary 13-15th was the celebration of Lupercalicia in which young men and women would line up and the men would whip girls with the tails of animals to make them fertile then they would pair up and have sex for the duration of the festival. The catholic church deemed feb 14th st valentines day to try and focus on two couple relationships. Then hallmark took it over haha

0|1
    0|0
  • This is feb 14th for I

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, restaurant prices increase, the menu selection decreases, the price of flowers increases, etc...

0|1
    0|0
  • Valentine's day this year.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well for myself its just a regular day

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes