Why in the second incredibles trailer, they say jack jack finally gets powers?

in incredibles two the trailer, they announce that Jack Jack finally has powers. But doesn’t Jack Jack catch on fire with the babysitter, and shoot lasers out of his eyes? I’m very confused…

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He’s a “jack” or all trades. He’s finally figuring out how to get a grip on his abilities.

Most Helpful Girl

• They didn't see that stuff it all happened while they were off fighting Syndrome and this movie takes place almost immediately after the end of the first one