Fans of the thrash band Slayer, how do you feel about their retirement?

I heard yesterday that the band will have a farewell tour this year and it will be the end for good. What do you metalheads think? For me, yeah, all good things must eventually come to an end, but damn this is pretty big. I've been a slayer fan since I first heard them at age 10. there is a Loudwire video from facebook live where it had to do with metalheads coming together and mourning it all really.

111

Most Helpful Guy

• For a run of nearly 40 years, I can see why they're retiring. There's a part of me that feels depressed but the other more logical side can see why they're doing it. There's been other musicians who've been around as long as they have who couldn't remember their lyrics while on stage. If it were my choice as a musician I'd stop before I got to that point, I would want to retire, I don't want my last few tours to be staring at an audience forgetting words, or feeling tired. Imagine dying on stage from natural causes, I'm almost certain that it'd scar some audience members along with set crews. So, with all that said, I wish them happiness on their retirement.