Is it just me, or Today's modern music seem to lack actual talent?

Maybe I'm biased, because I had really cool parents who raised me on classic rock & 80s pop music. But I remember not too long ago, before 2010, chart-toppers had a lot of diversity. Nowadays music sounds irritatingly repetitive & like anyone can be a singer, because auto-tune fixes your voice. You can now use a computer to replace instruments as well, so no worries about bringing in your garage band skills either. Back in the day; pure, raw talent was necessary to go places. & each band had their own personal sound, you could distinguish each one from another. Not now though! Talent is either unimportant, unpopular, or watered down.
  • Modern Music is the FUTURE!!!
  • Oldies are the Goodies
  • I enjoy each era respectively.
    Vote C
  • I hate all music...
    Vote D

1733

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think they lack talent. it certainly takes talent to sing, play a guitar, drums, keyboard etc.

i think there is more of a lack of artistic merit