Does anyone else here listen to soundtrack music? Or instrumental when they can’t sleep?

It’s 2:50 in the morning, I can’t sleep, and I’m listening to the soundtrack to the movie Schindler’s List right now.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes...
    Soundtracks are purely melodic...
    I listen to them when I am tired or angry or sad...
    They calm me down...
    Soundtracks and Instrumental... Violin and Piano are my favourites...
    You love them too?
    Any particular fav?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Umm lord of the rings and hobbit for soundtracks. Instrumental, I use my 300 violin orchestra radio on Pandora

• Show All
    • Yeah...
      That happens when you love music from the heart

• Very true

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes to soundtracks.
    I have collection of it.
    Memoirs of a geisha OST
    Oblivion OST
    Braveheart OST.
    Lots of great music put in movie soundtracks.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• My cable TV provider carries a number of music channels. One of them is called Soundscapes and I do listen to that at night sometimes. It's very relaxing. Before that I used to listen to instrumental CDs. I'm not particularly a fan of soundtracks but yeah, instrumental music can really do the trick for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. I love the soundtrack to Schindler's List. I also like the soundtrack to the movie's "Glory" and "Rush". Although "Rush" is more of a blues soundtrack. Sometimes i will listen to them when I am sleeping. But I will also listen to them when I am driving or cooking.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • In my case, when I can't sleep I just listen to my favorite songs by keeping volume medium and not too high. Because, generally I love hear my favorite songs in a loud volume.

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re great to calm you when you’re in a bad mood but I can’t sleep with music on because the lyrics will be stuck in my head which is annoying. Asmr is pretty neat though

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Oh is that like tapping nails or crumpling paper?

• For example yes

• If you can't sleep, listen to 'paul mckenna sleep' on YouTube. He's a hypnotherapist and his soothing voice will make you fall asleep in no time. Also, get a fan as a little bit of background noise. It can sometimes help.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did years ago. And during office jobs or whenever music with lyrics in them would distract me. Because i kind of can't think straight when someone's talking to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to it to help me daydream and sometimes to prepare my mind for sleep but i couldn't fall asleep while listening to it

0|0
    0|0
  • Phantom of the Opera, Fiddler on the Roof, and oh so many more.

0|0
    0|0
    • Phantom of the opera is my favorite

• Show All
    • I got to attend Hair almost 50 years ago. Great!

• Lucky...

• I love movie scores! Music doesn't help me sleep, but I enjoy it more when I'm super tired lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't listen to soundtrack that often but do like a few. I love The Gladiator, I think by Hans Zimmer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen to anything because my 3.5mm jack and bluetooth don't work :( I just drink a glass kf water and that helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like Oblivion and Inception soundtracks. Not specifically to get to sleep though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they are usually soothing ornepic, which puts me to sleep.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hear instrumental most of the time to soothe my mind

0|0
    0|0
  • Binaural Beats

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes ! Sometimes better than real music

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree completely

• Show All
    • Well to me, the whistle stop tune reminds me of a younger day when things were innocent and the world didn't seem so dark and all my family were still alive and not plagued with health issues.. and couldn't wait to grow up and come to find out each and every day that passes, I'll never get that time back and if I could have just stopped the hands of time and stay like things were it would be ok, but it doesn't. The second tune FG suite, reminds me of a little kid starting off in the world, brand new and taking on life's milestones as they come, uplifting in the good times and revisiting feelings and thoughts on the more slower and tranquil segments, on what really matters in life. Putting yourself in the person's shoes if you will

• I do often

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do sometimes it helps me fall asleep

0|0
    0|0
  • Classical music helps me

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• I don't, but I've thought about it. I try to get up and do something productive for a little bit if I can't sleep to try and tire myself out.

0|0
    0|0
  • the one noise that helps me sleep is the sound of a fan

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh i love that soundtrack ! And yes instrumental is soothing whenever i can't fall asleep

0|0
    0|0
  • Dead Poets Society. I love that soundtrack.

0|1
    0|0
  • Star wars

0|1
    0|0
  • I kinda do

0|0
    0|0
  • I like silence when I am sleeping.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, all the time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you have a fav?

• Show All
    • Well you're really missing out on Love Actually, it's such a feel good movie, amd Logan was also awesome. Into the Wild was pretty boring.
      What do you listen?

• I’ve seen into the wild

Recommended myTakes