Did "The Last Jedi" screw over Star Wars?

I keep hearing negative reviews..
Mary Sue?

313

Most Helpful Guy

• I hated it. A lot of people praise it for going in a new direction but it doesn't at all. Its just a poorly written film.
    I mean sure, there were some interesting elements to it but even when you look past all the plot holes (something most star wars films have anyway) the characters are boring. You have Luke Skywalker at your disposal and for the sake of "being different" they ruined the character. They should have just killed Leia. Why Phasma was even brought back at all is beyond me. Rose is boring and is there to add a commentary of life outside the war which is way too forced.

I honestly dread to see what sort of monstrosity Rian Johnson creates for his own trilogy.
    I also feel like the gold dice wwre just a set up for the Han Solo movie.