Did "The Last Jedi" screw over Star Wars?

I keep hearing negative reviews..
Updates:
Mary Sue?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I hated it. A lot of people praise it for going in a new direction but it doesn't at all. Its just a poorly written film.
    I mean sure, there were some interesting elements to it but even when you look past all the plot holes (something most star wars films have anyway) the characters are boring. You have Luke Skywalker at your disposal and for the sake of "being different" they ruined the character. They should have just killed Leia. Why Phasma was even brought back at all is beyond me. Rose is boring and is there to add a commentary of life outside the war which is way too forced.

I honestly dread to see what sort of monstrosity Rian Johnson creates for his own trilogy.
    I also feel like the gold dice wwre just a set up for the Han Solo movie.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I will not watch it. I used to date a member of the 501st; through him and several old friends, I've heard enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I really enjoyed the movie and don’t understand why everyone is so upset with it

0|1
    1|1
    • Soo many plot holes and also it makes Rey's character an extremely weak written protagonist

• Show All
    • They were most likely out of time otherwise they would have done it especially since they already moved the launch date back a week

• I watched it all and it didn't ruin anything for me

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Star Wars has been fucked since Jar-jar, Annie, 87 hour long pod racing, C-Span with space monsters, grape drank light saber Mace Windu, roger-roger droids, blue balls as battle weapons, and I could go on, about only Epic-suck I, but I've already spent more effort than any of those abortions masquerading as prequels warrant.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only reason to watch those movies is Finn. Honestly the only character with good, funny lines. Rey, Snoke, Kylo Ren, all disappointing characters and the drama surrounding them was pathetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unpopular opinion: It was my favorite Star Wars movie so far, maybe even my favorite movie ever.

I feel like what people don't like is that it's different than the original trilogy. They're taking Star Wars in a new direction. If you want the old Star Wars, then go watch Episodes 4-6.

But if you're interested to see the new direction they're taking this franchise, and expanding the Star Wars universe, then I think this new trilogy is great.

That said, it still had some connection to the original trilogy, through the characters, which I think they did well.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is how shallow and unimportant of a character Snoke turned out to be. It sure makes for a plot twist, but a rather anticlimactic one at that. But, Rey and Kylo I thought showed really great character development.

0|0
    0|1
  • Better than the force awakens, but both weren't perfect.

0|0
    0|1
  • The Force Awakens was uber gay. I'm not expecting much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ye it's garbage. I'd even put the phantom menace above it😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It was like every thing in life if it's overhyped it's underenjoyed

0|0
    0|0
  • Major plots holes

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's revolting

0|0
    0|0
  • It was OK.. a bit of a cheese fest though..

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes