Vikings or The Last Kingdom - Which of the two historical viking shows is better?

Vikings, through the first 4 seasons, is about the great viking Ragnar Lothbrok and his raids to the west, in England.

The Last Kingdom follows a saxon named Uhtred, who's family is killed by vikings and he is raised as one of their own.
  • Vikings or The Last Kingdom - Which of the two historical viking shows is better?Vikings
  • Vikings or The Last Kingdom - Which of the two historical viking shows is better?The Last Kingdom

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's still too soon to compare the two since Last Kingdom just started. I've seen every episode of Vikings, so there's that whole history of the show thing vs. really just starting to get to know the characters and the plot in Last Kingdom.

• I agree with you 100%. Though I do think The Last Kingdom could be a great show... I'm intrigued by every second of it whereas in Vikings I get kinda bored at parts like when they cut to England.

• Yes! Please stop cutting to England or cut there a lot less. I get that they needed to expand the story line, but the show is called Vikings, and that's where the interesting bits are.

• Exactly. Have you watched season 5 yet? Because it's probably my favorite season by far which is crazy (not gonna spoil anything just in case lol)

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted The Last Kingdom, even though you can't go wrong with both. They're both great shows. I love how The Last Kingdom can tell a story in just 8 episodes a season though.