Which is the best and worst Harry Potter movie?

I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the best. Everything about the movie was awesome. I haven't seen Order of the Phoenix so I'm gonna have to say that Half-Blood Prince was the worst. No plot at all. It was sooo boring!

819

Most Helpful Guy

• Prisoner of Azkaban is the best movie in my opinion. It had great characters (it made me love lupin from his intro in the train and all of his tutelage with Harry and so sad when he was fired because of his lycanthropy), fantastic shot compositions (the single take camera movement when lupin talks about Sirius black in the in), clear tones (you have the dramatic scenes like when Harry confronts Sirius but also the lighthearted scenes of him enjoying school life like the hippogriff ride and the magic animal crackers), and the movie never felt like it had a scene that dragged on too long or felt pointless. I watch the original two movies to have a good laugh at some of the very over the top scenes but with Azkaban I've only enjoyed how well made it is. The worst one was Deathly Hallows Part 1. It was kind of exciting at parts, I mean the gringotts sequence was the most exciting part. But it suffered from having a lot of dead parts and not really having a climax because you were anticipating that battle with Voldemort in the next one. The movie really stops dead when Ron leaves and doesn't really pick up until Ron comes back. It just doesn't have the same charm and/or silliness as some of the other movies

Most Helpful Girl

• Best is Chamber of Secrets because it was closest to the book. Aside from dropping the Nearly Headless Nick side plot it was almost beat for beat.

Worst was Deathly Hallows part I because it just draaaaaaaaaged on foooooooreeeeeveer. That was the only time I understood splitting a movie into two parts because Deathly Hallows was a really dense book that couldn't have fit into two hours at all.

All of them were a little sloppy though since they leave a lot of gaps and expect you to mentally fill them in with what you know from the books making them nearly incomprehensible to somebody who never read them.