Which is the best and worst Harry Potter movie?

I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the best. Everything about the movie was awesome. I haven't seen Order of the Phoenix so I'm gonna have to say that Half-Blood Prince was the worst. No plot at all. It was sooo boring!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Prisoner of Azkaban is the best movie in my opinion. It had great characters (it made me love lupin from his intro in the train and all of his tutelage with Harry and so sad when he was fired because of his lycanthropy), fantastic shot compositions (the single take camera movement when lupin talks about Sirius black in the in), clear tones (you have the dramatic scenes like when Harry confronts Sirius but also the lighthearted scenes of him enjoying school life like the hippogriff ride and the magic animal crackers), and the movie never felt like it had a scene that dragged on too long or felt pointless. I watch the original two movies to have a good laugh at some of the very over the top scenes but with Azkaban I've only enjoyed how well made it is. The worst one was Deathly Hallows Part 1. It was kind of exciting at parts, I mean the gringotts sequence was the most exciting part. But it suffered from having a lot of dead parts and not really having a climax because you were anticipating that battle with Voldemort in the next one. The movie really stops dead when Ron leaves and doesn't really pick up until Ron comes back. It just doesn't have the same charm and/or silliness as some of the other movies

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Best is Chamber of Secrets because it was closest to the book. Aside from dropping the Nearly Headless Nick side plot it was almost beat for beat.

Worst was Deathly Hallows part I because it just draaaaaaaaaged on foooooooreeeeeveer. That was the only time I understood splitting a movie into two parts because Deathly Hallows was a really dense book that couldn't have fit into two hours at all.

All of them were a little sloppy though since they leave a lot of gaps and expect you to mentally fill them in with what you know from the books making them nearly incomprehensible to somebody who never read them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Defintely like the Chamber of Secrets most and also felt that Half-Blood Prince was the worst. Chamber of Secrets is also the best game in the series.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the first one the most because it had an actual feeling of discovery and magic to it. Being thrown into a world which you can not quite understand and uncovering the workings of their world little by little.

My least favorite is the half blood prince, the cast seems immature for their age (I was their age at the time) and everything seemed very rushed. All the plot points were neccesary, but they weren't as exciting. More like a filler to advance towards the end.

2|0
    0|0
  • The last 3 ones were too congusing, too much action and those didn't carry the plot at all.

Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite

Goblet of fire, Chamber of Secrets and Philosopher's Stone were all good too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Much like the book itself, pure filler to get you to the next point of the story.

1|0
    0|0
    • Are you talking about Order of the Phoenix?

• Show All
    • Oh yeah you're totally right. The whole book is a filler and so is the movie.

• Yeah but it has some really important character developement for many characters. I feel like the movie wasn't as good as the book. (though it might still be my least favorite of the books too)

• Prisoner of Azkaban is best. Very visually stunning and well directed, it had the best director out of all of them.

Goblet of Fire or Half-Blood prince since those had some really important and interesting elements cut out.

1|0
    0|0
  • My favourite movies will of course include the first two. However, I loved the third and fourth, and have been debating which of the two I love more for years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spoiler alert...

Half-blood Prince was the worst because it was like extreme filler only to end it in the saddest way possible.
    Order of Phoenix was the best. So close, yet so, so far... RIP Sirius.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best : harry potter chamber of secrets. The worst all other Harry potter's movies, way too childish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Prisoner of Azkaban
    and the last 2 parts as well were great
    and the worst am not actually sure about

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a bit dissapointed by all of then given the hype. The last was the worst. They went through all that schooling just to shoot a few beams at each other at the end.

0|0
    0|0
  • First two. The setting was much nicer. From 3 and onwards the castle grounds changed a lot and not for the better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

I thought they were all pretty good

1|0
    0|0
  • Best is deathly hallows part 2.
    Worst is order of the Phoenix.

0|0
    0|0
  • Purely as movies, I rank them:
    1. The Deathly Hallows Part 2
    2. The Half-Blood Prince
    3. The Goblet of Fire
    4. The Chamber of Secrets
    5. The Prisoner of Azkaban
    6. The Deathly Hallows Part 1
    7. The Order of the Phoenix
    8. The Philosopher's Stone

However, as book-to-movie adaptations, I really appreciate The Goblet of Fire, considerig how well they told the story with what they had to work with. When so much had to be cut out, they still managed to make an amazingly well-made movie. I also love the whole feeling in the movie, the way it's so much darker than the earlier installments. From the very first second, you can already feel that the tone is very different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly like fantastic beasts more

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i agree with u

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorcerers stone is best, goblet of fire worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't a bad one for me. I enjoyed them all, even though I wish more could have been included from the books

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I like the lasts movies the best when the characters are older. They are more relatable and there is less "fluff" in the movies and more action. I think maybe the Half-Blood Prince is my favorite. The first two are the worst in my opinion, even cringe worthy at some points. I don't like the whole getting used to there being magic in the world stuff and everything is so awesome all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!! The prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite, but from the 5th I started to loose inter. I think it's more the fact that they're dealing with more serious things and that they're grown ups that I don't like it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Best movie - always the sorcerer's stone. The way colombus managed to bring the book to life was magical

The worst - half blood prince just because the way the death or Dumbledore was portrayed!

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m definitely for Goblet of Fire, it’s the best one. The worst one is probably The Order of the Phoenix

1|0
    0|0
  • My favourite is The Goblet of Fire, least favourite is probably The Order of Phoenix (although it was my favourite book).

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, I'd go with Chamber of Secrets as the best and Deathly Hallows as the worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love them all I can't choose

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes