What are your thoughts on John Green books?

1116

Most Helpful Guy

• He seems like a rather inteligent but also rather bland and inoffensive person in his Vlogbrothers youtube channel so I don't take them that seriously or give them much interest. I might watch his stuff for educational purposes, but I'm not entertained by his style that much. I was also rather disappointed with how he handled this scandal that went down at Vidcon last year I think, & I don't really respect him as much after that. Maybe if someone I respect really lovingly endorsed a specific book & explained an interesting synopsis to me I would get one, but I just don't see that happening.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I read a couple, and then they started feeling a bit repetitive. His style is (according to the 4 books I've read) very distinctive and similar in all books. I guess, if it's your type of books and stories, then they would be great. I mean they weren't bad or anything and i enjoyed them at the time. But i decided the 4 were enough. I actually had a fift one to read but couldn't read it past 50pages as it felt too similar to the previous ones.

Good books for younger teens. I personally feel like i kind of found him a bit too late (I'm 19 now and read the last one i think 1,5 years ago)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE