What are your thoughts on John Green books?

What are your thoughts on John Green books?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He seems like a rather inteligent but also rather bland and inoffensive person in his Vlogbrothers youtube channel so I don't take them that seriously or give them much interest. I might watch his stuff for educational purposes, but I'm not entertained by his style that much. I was also rather disappointed with how he handled this scandal that went down at Vidcon last year I think, & I don't really respect him as much after that. Maybe if someone I respect really lovingly endorsed a specific book & explained an interesting synopsis to me I would get one, but I just don't see that happening.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I read a couple, and then they started feeling a bit repetitive. His style is (according to the 4 books I've read) very distinctive and similar in all books. I guess, if it's your type of books and stories, then they would be great. I mean they weren't bad or anything and i enjoyed them at the time. But i decided the 4 were enough. I actually had a fift one to read but couldn't read it past 50pages as it felt too similar to the previous ones.

Good books for younger teens. I personally feel like i kind of found him a bit too late (I'm 19 now and read the last one i think 1,5 years ago)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Been a nerd fighter since '08! Haven't read turtles yet but Looking For Alaska is my favourite. 2 books he's done that are not published are Everyone Poops In Hank's Pants (illustrated by John read aloud in its entirety on an old Vlogbrothers video) & Zombicorn (Available as a PDF, written for charity)

0|0
    0|0
  • I have only read Paper Towns. I found it entertaining although I didn't care for the missing girl and found the entire plot of someone abandoning their entire life and goals to go hunt her down. Although I found their behavior idiot and couldn't imagine anyone doing that, I suspended belief and relatively enjoyed it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only ever heard of him after Charli XCX's Boom Clap and then again on FML. com when they had a story that was rather silly, "We were like the 'Fault in our Stars', but instead of cancer it was STD's, FML."

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a great writer, who manages to present and discuss interesting notions in his novels, while maintaining a manageable plot. 8/10

1|0
    0|0
  • I read all of his books in a weekend, because a girl I liked was really into them. I'm glad that someone is writing books like this for this demographic. Like it's not particularly complex stuff but it's very consumable and multilayered

0|0
    0|0
  • I love them... might also have to do with the fact that I live in the same neighborhood as John Green so... I drive past Augustus's Speedway on the corner of 86th and Ditch all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm currently reading his book Turtles all the way down and having read all of his other books I just love his humor and his narratives, I think most Teens and Tweens should read his books

0|0
    0|0
  • fault in our stars was a good movie... but I dont read book really all that much, got enough of that in school to last awhile

0|0
    0|0
  • Hit and miss. Great storyteller terrible writer. When he doesn't try he is amazing, but even if tries ti make cancer tragic I feels forced

0|0
    0|0
  • i never read his books but its the second time i heard about him, can you explain a little more about him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Goes well with Starbucks and uggs

3|1
    0|0
  • Haven't read them

0|0
    0|0
  • Never read them

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't read... sorry

0|0
    0|0
  • Agonizingly dull.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Tbh, he's not my favourite. I read The Fault In Our Stars recently and it definitely wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I think it was just hyped up so much it was a disappointment and kinda boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm very meh about his writing. Don't like his style and boy have I tried to. I like his crash course history videos though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depressing...
    But I like him and his brother as content makers...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've read three of them. Looking for Alaska, TFIOS and paper town. TFIOS was the best one!

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE TFIOS!

0|0
    0|0
  • I always found his writing extremely dull.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to read TFIOS but it was boring.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am a fan

0|0
    0|0
  • Very well written and thought provoking

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, and I really enjoyed it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes