Do you ever get annoyed by celebrity worship by adults?

We have all seen it - some celebrity dies and suddenly everyone we know is posting RIP and how great the person was (even though most of us only have second hand information), or some celebrity does something and people start discussing it as if they're talking about the neighbors down the street. Also, people leaving comments on 13K comment threads to celebrities, wishing them happy birthday, that sort of thing.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Only if I don't like the celebrities they worship
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So pervasive that people discuss celebs more than their own lives and then look to be rewarded for it!!!

1|0
    0|0
    • Bye welcome to Girls/guys

• Show All
    • Thank you. Aaannd I just noticed my own typo. "these" are people she knows, not "there". lol

• No, they often are living on a different planet, and aren't aware they are out of touch with reality

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind the r. I. p. s its just when they go into a full story about how that person inspired them and copy and paste their life story from wiki as if they wrote it themself and then do the same for the next celeb. On the brightside, its a brilliant way to spot narcissists and weed them outa your life

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah I don't get why people think celebs are somehow special. They're just people.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's just as annoying when kids do it. It's not an adult thing. If a celebrity dies, you won't see me saying RIP. With some celebrities, I'd care, but I'm not broadcasting nonsense over it. Example, I was kinda bummed when Chester Bennington died. I like their music and now I may never hear another song from them again. I wasn't torn up about it though.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the celebrity doesn't have anything they're actually famous for (I'm looking at you Kardashians and Hiltons)... yeah... I mean... good god just go away.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's all crazy if you ask me. That celebrity couldn't give 2 shits about me, and I would never expect them to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I also hate when they commit crimes but get extremely reduced sentences.

1|1
    0|0
  • Celebrity worship makes no sense, they are no better than the rest of us.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate the pretentiousness of celebrities. I can't stand to watch award shows becauses it kills me how they act like what they do is some great service to the world. And fear god, when they try to insert themselves in to the political sphere, I cringe.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don’t care about what people say or do about celebrities.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't care cause its something to talk about.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, I've never seen it from that perspective before. Something to talk about. I guess I am trying to understand the connection people have to celebrities, and this perspective - something to talk about, never occurred to me. I always figured people have plenty to talk about, or it always seemed that way to me. But maybe they don't and this stuff acts as filler of some kind.
      Thanks for the insight. :)

• Well I guess you would if you had a busy social life but I'm too poor to be going on regular dates or outings with friends - I think many people find me boring because I'm so conservative.

• i don't care it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes