What are some of your TV/Movie/Commercial pet peeves?

For instance, mine is when in the commercial they are obviously reading off the screen or when a movie has a 'Mary Sue'

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine is when there is something sketchy or creepy going on, but instead of staying around people, turning/keeping the lights on, finding a weapon, and NOT following the direction of the suspicious, foreboding noise, the character to whom the bad shit is happening decides to do the EXACT opposite.

Also, when a character is in a fight with someone who is very clearly trying to kill them, but manages to get the upper hand and knock the killer down... so, instead of taking their weapon or ensuring that the person who attacked them has been incapacitated, they decide to stick around, keeping their feet within reach of the guy they just knocked down.

Most Helpful Guy

• Progressive trophies that can do no wrong. You watch that crappy 24 reboot last year? Or The Good Doctor this year? Both of them had this problem. They had a Muslim girl suspected of being a terrorist and there was supposed to be some sort of tension or drama but you already knew they wouldn't make her a terrorist because you just can't do that. People will think all Muslims are terrorists!

So in the case of the first one they had a character that was introduced at the beginning of the series that was Muslim and at one point in the series she is suspected and questioned for multiple episodes. 24 back in the day would constantly assault you with twists and turns and betrayals but you knew from the get go that they wouldn't make her a terrorist traitor just because she's Muslim. Yiu put politics before drama and you have all politics and no drama. Ruined the show