What do you think about the dude from Glee committing suicide?

What you think about the dude from Glee committing suicide??

7674

Most Helpful Girl

• There are pedophiles who don't offend. I was listening to a podcast with a man who was a self admitted pedophile but wouldn't even so much as seek out cp because he knew it was wrong. Those are the afflicted people I feel sorry for. The second you download even one image or video of a child, you are a criminal and do not deserve the life you've been given.
    This person had 50,000 images and hundreds of videos of toddlers and children younger than 5 years old. This world is better without him and he knew it. I only feel sorry for the family he left behind who now has to deal with his perversions and his death, but I don't feel a shred of sympathy for him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ethical suicide is what I call it.

In this situation, there are a few options and suicide really isn't the worst of them (but it's not the best either).

On the plus side: Can't reoffend. Cost efficient for society. People have no need to fear this particular person. People who get distracted by hate of the individual start to consider the triggers of the crime instead (because kicking a corpse around feels futile for most).

On the negative side: Added family trauma, Collateral suicides: could potentially inspire people with pedophilic thoughts (but guilty of no crime) to follow suit rather than get treatment. Like the death penalty it also helps slightly to erode the idea that basic human value is sacrosanct.
    Also, by doing this he erradicated every possibility of, in the future, ever be something more than his crime.

That said, I respect the decision. It's not a crime at least, and there are a few positives. Sure, I respect offenders that give themselves to treatment more, but this is at least not the worst option.

(I guess I should never become a mental health worker)