Death Note: Was the Anime series better or the Movie?

So I'm a huge fan of death note. I started watching the movie first and oh boy I thought it was a masterpiece. Now my brother insisted that I watch the Anime series... Once I watched it, at first I found it really slow and kinda predictable, later I couldn't go to bed without watching at least an episode of Death Note. Bottom line, I loved❤ it and ended up hating the movie. Please don't tell me that it's old and blah blah blah cause I already know, but I like watching old shows just because I can😏😉... Any thoughts on which one was best and why?

026

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't try to make yourself special because you watched an anime.

Firstly, this anime is ranked as #1 in popularity, so you can imagine that you neither are the first nor the last person to watch it. It's a classic. Moreover, you may be interested in knowing that 2006 is everyting but old when it comes to anime. Many of the most famous ones started in the 90's and some of them are still being released on a weekly basis.

I don't mean to be rude, it's great that you liked this anime, but you calling it "old" and trying to look special triggered, honestly, me a little.

As for your question the anime is obviously the best. I haven't read the manga, but probably than many would agree on that for the best one.

• Jeez dude, you probably didn't want to sound rude but you just put a knife in my heart with that comment🙃. I'm not trying to sound special, if anything I'm really excited I got to watch an awesome show. It's hard finding great shows these days, so yeah forgive me for being excited. Sorry if it triggered something in you when I called it "old" but out here in the real world, when I tell people that I just finished watching Death Note, they say and I quote, " isn't that show extremely old, it came out ages ago", so I jus didn't want to hear it out here as well... Anyways moving on, everyone says the manga is great. I think I'll give it a try as well.

• Well, I genuinely apologise for how rudely I answered to you ! You clearly didn't deserve any of my anger !

I'm always happy to talk about anime, japan, manga and such, so I'd be happy to recommend Parasyte (another anime) if you liked Death Note. Although the plot are completely different, both anime tends to make you think thoroughly about death, life, your place in the society, ... You may appreciate that one !

And the people who call those masterpieces old, fuck'em ! ;)